• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Soncrat, or someone who works for USF Athletics....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Eric, we need to have Bulls fans step in when they see a problem.  I did not and if I had I would have stepped in and stopped it.  I even went so far to thank the Kansas fans for a great game.  

Maybe the jumbotron should have a message that the students and fans tell the other team thank you.  Being nice and respectabull is contagious.  Just a thought.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Eric,

Thanks for responding.  I think you will find the majority of the loyal fans 100% behind the Respectabull campaign.

I think it is a small subset of our students, recent / young alumns, and casual observers (which seems to be a growing contingent) who are contributing to this.  Not saying there are not others who are part of it, but just what I am hearing.

I think education is in order, about what is and isn't acceptable.  Plus there needs to be penalties for those who are out of hand.   Plus USF needs to step up policing efforts for acceptable behavior. 

I am appalled at the negative attention this has raised for our program.  I donate money, time, and talent in the past for USF programs, and want to see them grow and prosper.   We do not need to be seen as idiots who cannot behave to opposing fans (who spent good money to see their teams play, and put money back in our pockets, btw).

I'd like to see something a little stronger go out to point out what will not be tolerated.  It shoudl go to everyone to set the proper expectations, then USF needs to follow up (ie ban some people who are not behaving properly). 

The stories I have heard about fan treatment from this game (and conversely from UCF to USF a week ago) is disgusting for college educated fans.  As a parent I do not want to be afraid to bring my kids to a USF game.  They should be able to go, and enjoy it as much as the next person.  If someone said to my kids what I am hearing USF fans said to KU fans kids, it wouldn't be pretty.

Anyway, I think that the majority of this board is 100% behind you and your efforts to impact positive fan behavior.  If we can be of help (or if I can) please let us know.   

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Want to thank everyone for their feedback and especially to all of you that have taken ownership of the RespectaBull campaign.  Ultimately, that's what's going to make the difference.

With that said we've already had several meetings this week to discuss opportunities to continue to educate our fans on how we want to be seen nationally.  Our fan behavior makes a huge impact on our program in ways some of you many never realize.  I think you'll see some new efforts to promote this effort for the Pitt game.

You all make the difference, both in supporting our team and in how we are perceived nationally.  Keep up the good work!

Eric

No problem Eric after all anyone that wears the green and gold not only represents USF but the Alumni and students as well.

• Content Count:  1,066

Eric,

Thanks for responding.  I think you will find the majority of the loyal fans 100% behind the Respectabull campaign.

I think it is a small subset of our students, recent / young alumns, and casual observers (which seems to be a growing contingent) who are contributing to this.  Not saying there are not others who are part of it, but just what I am hearing.

I think education is in order, about what is and isn't acceptable.  Plus there needs to be penalties for those who are out of hand.   Plus USF needs to step up policing efforts for acceptable behavior. 

I am appalled at the negative attention this has raised for our program.  I donate money, time, and talent in the past for USF programs, and want to see them grow and prosper.   We do not need to be seen as idiots who cannot behave to opposing fans (who spent good money to see their teams play, and put money back in our pockets, btw).

I'd like to see something a little stronger go out to point out what will not be tolerated.  It shoudl go to everyone to set the proper expectations, then USF needs to follow up (ie ban some people who are not behaving properly). 

The stories I have heard about fan treatment from this game (and conversely from UCF to USF a week ago) is disgusting for college educated fans.  As a parent I do not want to be afraid to bring my kids to a USF game.  They should be able to go, and enjoy it as much as the next person.  If someone said to my kids what I am hearing USF fans said to KU fans kids, it wouldn't be pretty.

Anyway, I think that the majority of this board is 100% behind you and your efforts to impact positive fan behavior.  If we can be of help (or if I can) please let us know.   

Not directd at IncrediBULL, but to the general public on what we can do.....

1. We cannot complain about the TSA and then also asked for the TSA's help in enforcing rules at the games.

2. If you see something that is totally wrong, find your nearist usher, security or LEO that you can find and have them handle it....NOT YOU!

3. Leaving the game, call 911 or find one of the LEO's in the immediate stadium area about the situation and let them handle it.....NOT YOU!

[glow=green,2,300]4. LEAD BY EXAMPLE.[/glow]

As for the student section, once an F U ___ ____ chant begins, ushers should be instructed to stop the chant immediately.  Also, if a student is ejected from the game, then this should also be reported directly to Student Affairs.

• Content Count:  178

Can we use Bullfreak's sig pic as a button design and distribute that during the game? I would sport it.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Can we use Bullfreak's sig pic as a button design and distribute that during the game? I would sport it.

I believe that the sig pic is a copy of the button that was handed out last week before the UK game.  If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I believe that the sig pic is a copy of the button that was handed out last week before the UK game.  If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

I didn't get a button.... Did they pass them out?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I didn't get a button.... Did they pass them out?

I believe I saw a couple of people on the field wearing them

• Content Count:  178

I believe I saw a couple of people on the field wearing them

by on the field, do you mean people associated with USF? (i.e. not fans)

(sorry for thinking i could read your mind btw -- i'm slightly high-strung)

• Content Count:  117

The buttons have been passed out at the last two games at the Alumni Tent in Lot 6D before the game.  Not sure if they are being handed out elsewehre, but check over there at the next game to pick one up.

Archived