• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

texas hook em signs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Just use the "Full Bull" if you don't want to copy Texas.

fullbull.gif

I tried to bring this up among my friends, as an alternative, a couple years ago. It got shot down immediately.

I like it though. "shrug*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Just use the "Full Bull" if you don't want to copy Texas.

fullbull.gif

I tried to bring this up among my friends, as an alternative, a couple years ago. It got shot down immediately.

I like it though. "shrug*

its cool... but it would require me to set down my beer or stop pointing out hot chicks on the jumbotron.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

That's like saying fsu copied the braves. Hey texas who invented the middle finger?

Or like saying Georgia copied the Green Bay Packers with the "G" helmet logo... I guess we are going to have to teach Texas a lesson  >:D

• Content Count:  2,363

Wanna see a dumb hand sign?  ASU.

They call it the pitchfork, trident and “Fork ’Em Devils†hand sign...looks like this. 

1.jpg

Bre_ASU_36.jpg

Thats just a glorified "Shocker"

What's funny is that Wichita State uses it too. Their mascot is the Shockers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

If they send like 5,000 lawyers to Ray Jay to hand out subpoenas, we can either call Smazza or turn the hand around so the back of the hand is facing forward.  That outta confuse them thar Longhorns.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Lately my buddies from U of Texas have been giving me a hard time about using their "Hook em" sign......  I know we are young and we do what we can, but I highly doubt UT was the inventor of this hand sign.  They tell us to be original but just because you've used the sign for over 60 years doesnt mean it belongs to you nor should you have exclusive rights to it.   Thoughts, opinions, and/or comments about this debated hand sign?

our horns have more girth

• Content Count:  29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_'em_Horns

In some European cultures, the identical corna gesture is used to suggest spousal infidelity or Satanic association. Images of Jenna Bush publicly "throwing the horns" resulted in startled reactions in Norway. In 1985, five Americans were arrested, due to its satanic connotations after dancing and displaying the gesture in front of the Vatican while celebrating the victory of the Longhorns

• Content Count:  2,511

We did steal it ---- We stole it from our own basketball fans.

USF fans have been waving the old horn sign way back before USF even thought of fielding a football team.  Back in the early 1990's we used to raise the horn sign during a free throw and wave it forward while yelling a loud WHOOSH! every time one of our guys made a free throw.  I was told back then that it was an old time tradition, so it probably goes back to at least the 1980's.

Many of us "old skool" basketball fans have carried the horn sign & WHOOSH to extra point and field goal attempts.  I actually see a large majority of the crowd doing it now, so it is just a matter of football fans  borrowing ideas from basketball fans.

Archived