• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A pledge from a Jayhawk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

The atmosphere in Memorial Stadium http://kuathletics.cstv.com/facilities/kan-memorial-stadium.html is a little different than RJS.  I know, because my H.S. football team would get free tickects to the games because no one else was there.  RJS may not be full of carebears and unicorns, but contrary to what your friend told you, I've never seen visiting fans fleeing the stadium, barely escaping certian death.  As a matter of fact, one of the gentle-hearted, 40-something year old KU fans had some pretty nasty thing to say to me while we were walking out.  I just laughed as his wife pulled him away.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Something fishy going on here.  I've thought that from the first post from a disgruntled KU fan.  Not saying none of this happened,  b/c I'm sure there were some isolated incidents, but this is ridiculous.

Funny how you rarely see just a normal guy getting beer dumped on him.........it's always a "5 year old daughter" or "retired couple", etc.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Something fishy going on here.  I've thought that from the first post from a disgruntled KU fan.  Not saying none of this happened,  b/c I'm sure there were some isolated incidents, but this is ridiculous.

Funny how you rarely see just a normal guy getting beer dumped on him.........it's always a "5 year old daughter" or "retired couple", etc.

Oh, and I failed to mention the obligatory "I've been to Mizzou/KU games before, and never seen anything like this........" comment.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I saw none of what he said.  Not in the tailgating, on the way in/out of the stadium, in concessions, nor in the stands.

I think a handful of KU fans maybe got some crap from the USF casual observers in the upper deck, but not anywhere else.  From what I heard, it was alll 300 level, not where season tix holder and long term fans are.  Probalby people who cannot afford a bucs game but wanted to watch football and drink beer...

I think this is possibly a bogus thread...

• Content Count:  958

I pledge that your thread sucks and you should pour beer on yourself

+1

Call 911, are you serious?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

While I think it's wrong for anyone to act that way, apparantly KU fans shouldn't be throwing stones:

http://www.kansan.com/stories/2008/sep/16/insults/?news

Read the comments

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No need to get all worked up on either side.  Yes, some of our students were idiots.  Yes, a few had to deal with lousy chants and drunk people.  Yes, I'd like to see us toss these stupid "fans" out.

But I didn't see any Kansas fans fearing for their lives.  Mostly I saw Kansas fans either having a good time, or rolling their eyes at the stupidity.  There were several police officers in plain sight, if someone did feel uncomfortable.  So I have to believe this story is mostly hogwash.

On the other hand, I'll agree that many of our fans were rude.  Mostly I attribute that to students that don't know how to drink and still behave like an adult.  One change that I would really like to see is restricting pre-game drinking to certain parking lots.  

• Content Count:  1,911

I'm a little disappointed that he didnt actually tell the story, he just said they smelled like beer.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Oh, and your pledge is exactly how I behaved and how I always behave.  We had a running dialogue with the Kansas fans in our section the entire game.

Archived