• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to move the Student section?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

You know, there is a lot of Bull-on-Bull insulting going on in this thread.  As your moderator, I implore that all of you consider each others differing perspectives and opinions to be worthy of discussion.  After all, if we all thought alike, this board would be pretty boring.  Engage each other in discussion and ideas, not name calling and insulting.  Jerks.  (Just kidding  :D ). 

Seriously though, let's not attack one another.  Reminds me of when new members would find the board, post something about an OCS and the old vets would tear him up.  Let's support an open and creative discussion.

You humble moderater thanks you,

Brad

I think we should move the moderators to the St. Pete campus too...so there!  :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,037

Students didn't even buy all of the FIU tickets.  USF saved 1000 for them and had to return 840...

They should move the entire student section to the 300 level until they get their **** strait.

How many students do you suppose can afford to buy a $51 ticket and pay for his travel and expenses to a city that is 270 miles away?

I don't understand what all the hostility is about. The poster was probably a student who brought up an idea, it's not like he's going to make any changes himself.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

apparently going to every game with my brother makes me a loser! So glad to have that pointed out to me or silly old me I'd continue to go to games with my family and friends and have a good time

oh and if you find any student that can be sober and give me (and my friends) a run for our money in rowdiness, knowledge, and passion bring it on...you'll be hard pressed to do it

about FIU and students...you're in college! it's a road trip! I guarantee you 90% of the people not going because of "money" will spend more on beer this weekend than they would have on the entire trip so forgive me if I don't shed any tears for the "poor college students that just can't make it"

oh and the short answer: NO

• Content Count:  6,928

I think students should be in both end zones and the 300 level.   I know many south end zone people love their seats and they do generate plenty of noise, but nothing beats the noise of the students.   Why not capture both end zones with students? 

H*ll NO! I love my seats in sec 125. The south end zone gets pretty wild. The cops dragged 5 drunks out of our section every game. A cop asked one drunk to see his seat ticket and then Einstein told the cop that he could not see his ticket. It was on. Total excitement.

• Content Count:  178

about FIU and students...you're in college! it's a road trip! I guarantee you 90% of the people not going because of "money" will spend more on beer this weekend than they would have on the entire trip so forgive me if I don't shed any tears for the "poor college students that just can't make it"

Listen, you really don't know what you're talking about. The economy is not that hot right now. A $51 ticket, gas prices, hotel. Beer, food at the game. Food for on the trip. This adds up, plus not to mention that taking a weekend away from Tampa will most certainly affect you during the school week. I am no longer a student, but I did graduate in May so I have a pretty intimate knowledge on this subject, and with my particular degree and with few extra dollars to spend, I would have rather sit at home and watch us stomp FIU. Have fun at the game, but don't give me chit about spending my money on other things. Thanks for being condescending, you're really a true fan.

Listen, you really don't know what you're talking about. The economy is not that hot right now. A $51 ticket, gas prices, hotel. Beer, food at the game. Food for on the trip. This adds up, plus not to mention that taking a weekend away from Tampa will most certainly affect you during the school week. I am no longer a student, but I did graduate in May so I have a pretty intimate knowledge on this subject, and with my particular degree and with few extra dollars to spend, I would have rather sit at home and watch us stomp FIU. Have fun at the game, but don't give me chit about spending my money on other things. Thanks for being condescending, you're really a true fan.

my point was that  most of those students who aren't going because of 'money' are using it as an excuse...simply say I'd rather spend my money on other things and not go to the game...Don't cry that you can NOT go because you can't afford it. if they really want to go to the game they'd find a way.

Before attacking me or thinking you know so much better than I do chew on this: I am a half time student, I work at a typical "college student" job, I work an unpaid internship, and I have student loans I pay in addition to my normal bills/expenses. I choose to spend my time and money to go to the game this weekend, I'm not saying everyone should do the same but I honestly do find it kind of sad that we couldn't sell more student tickets than we did.

That being said, maybe we should have done something like we did with the SunBowl and given season ticket holders and donors the option to buy extra seats for students to go. Not sure what the response would have been from the donors or the students but maybe it would've made a difference.

mostly I'm just saying that those who really want to be there will find a way!

and back to what this thread is about: opening up more/better seats to students...why would it even be a consideration that donors would give up their seats so students who still can't consisitently fill their 12,000 FREE seats or travel 1,000 students to a game 4 hours away can sit there

No, I think you're saying you're a better fan because you choose to go.

you're right, in fact that's what I said to the 15 people out of my group that chose not to go to the UCF game because they didn't want to deal with their fans

Once again, thank you for putting words in my mouth as you obviously know me so well and can read my thoughts

take care guys, I no longer need to post as lewdtenant can tell you everything I'm thinking and what I'm really saying...how did you guys figure out all of my hidden meanings before he was here to explain for me!

- Brad....I know don't attack each other...I'm sorry! and I'm done :)

• Content Count:  178

This is an "attack," my post was in "defense" of said "attack."

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Hey now...

If you want to fight on a message board and hurl insults, go to the UCF rivals site.  Those idiots keep posting new USF negative threads daily. 

Bottle up your negative energy and direct it to that site if you want results.  They are already ragging on Grothe for his interview on Jim Rome...  Idiots....

Let keep it RespectaBULL on this site between bulls fans.  We are all on the same team and want the same thing.  For the Bulls Program to continue to grow and prosper....

Archived