• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to move the Student section?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I just don't see a reason to make a change--right now.

When the students start selling out every game, then maybe we can engage in some "strategery."

It's also not a good idea to anger season ticket holders too often. Where would they be moved? The lower bowl is almost sold out...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760

:nope

horrible idea.

Not to mention there would be no where for the visitors to sit without having to run into the ******** in the student section.

• Content Count:  44

the students refuse to sit anywhere else other then the endzone already... They moved season ticket holders from last year and they won't even sit in thoes seats! I agree with others when they consistenly fill all the seats they are assisgned to then maybe its a discussion.

• Content Count:  1,260

You assume a couple of things:

1) that students would be just as excited as they are now if they were split up

2) that the alums would continue buying seats next to raucous students

3) that current season ticket holders won't make a big stink over giving up prime seats

As far as I can see, the endzone seats are great seats (not "shoved into a corner" as an afterthought)...and they are FREE. What do you expect? Student seats on the 50yardline?

BTW...it's the "senile" alums who financially drive the program. They actually PAY for their seats and donate to the program...just because they aren't up to your level of excitement...you should show a little respect.

• Content Count:  2,118

I say screw the students, if they want the sections expanded then out them in the upper deck of the stadium. I love my seats in sec 125 and not giving them up to anyone.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

You know, at most big time schools the students have to buy the tickets.  We have a hard enough time giving them away.

And sure, you want such a powerful student section, so spread them out around the stadium.  Maybe everybody who buys 4 season tickets can have a couple of students thrown in sitting next to them.  That will work really well.  Maybe some of the paint or glitter will even rub off onto us senile old guys and we can be magically transformed into somebody worthy of being a special Bulls fan where we too can try for some TV time.

Contrary to popular belief (at least that of what seems to be many self indulgent, self important students), many of the non student fans of all ages are as much or more knowledgeable about football, about the team, about the team's history, about when to let loose and when to be more reserved,  bout treating the visiting opponents and fans with courtesy and respect, and many do in fact cheer just as loudly and with as much emotion as any student.  Guess what, you're not that special.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  7,890

sounds like a student who is trying to get better seats.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Students didn't even buy all of the FIU tickets.  USF saved 1000 for them and had to return 840...

They should move the entire student section to the 300 level until they get their **** strait.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

And all throughout the papers, there are stories of drunk students throwing bottles and screaming obscenities at children and starting fights.  Yeah, that's what I want the whole world to see wrapping the perimeter of our stadium.

No.

No.

And No.

• Content Count:  9

I'm a student and I buy my season tix cuz I go with my family.  Leave the students where they are because they can go crazy and have fun but the rest of the people can go and enjoy a game in a decent family atmosphere. I have been going to USF games since the first game with my Dad and the best thing about it was he couild bring his 12 year old kid there without having to hear every obscenity known to man.  We have had season tix ever since.  Leaving students isolated is a win win situation.

Archived