• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Duemig Threads

Costa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Can we collect some money so we can upgrade 1010's Tin Foil antenna? Seriously, if I could get reception without needing a clear sky, and w/o having to be on top of my house with a telescopic antenna I would listen to them more often. Duemig was yelling at a UF grad that was stating that this is not a USF problem alone. Duemig's argument? "I didn't hear Tim Tebow complaining about the UF fan base."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  356

Not a Duemig fan, but sadly, the reputation of bad fans is out there - it's even a top discussion point on this board.  Its going to be a hard reputation to shake - one person's definition of acceptable is another person's definition of boorishness...in reading the posts here over the past few days the line "we have seen the enemy, and he is us!" probabaly applies, although I'm sure everyone would say that their treatment of the opposition is either gracious or one of the following:

(a) part of the game/college football experience

(B) all in good fun

© not that bad  

While I agree it is a very small percentage of fans who create trouble (evidenced by the posts here recently of "I didn't see anything in MY section"), it is probably more widespread than we care to admit, because of varying definitions of what is acceptable, and a "if they don't like, that's their problem" (alcohol doesn't exactly help, either).  

It's not just football - those who remember "Death Row" at the Sun Dome (and its demise due to abusive "fans" over the opposing bench), and even the all-too-lame "hecklers" at the baseball games (let's face it - they had enough original material for one or two opposing batters tops - the rest was weak and came across as bush league.    

Even the posters on this board acknowledge that there is a problem - imagine what the rest of the world thinks!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

Yeah, I actually listen to 1010 more, but happened to flip over on a commercial to hear him ranting about USF's "terrible" fans.  He's lumping a few people who berated cheerleaders into the entire fanbase.  When a caller began to makes a point, douche-bag raised his voice and started yelling over the caller.  He would sell out his mother if it would get him some controversy and more listeners.  The more he proclaims his love of USF, the more his true colors come through.  Back to 1010 for the rest of the afternoon.  What an idiot.

He's from Philadephia and he's complaining about fan treatment .... Give me a freaking break.

• Content Count:  1,451

The garbage he spews constantly about USF actually made me want to listen last year for a bit. Then i realized he's just an a-hole. Him berrating USF may cause a few people to tune in for a couple days, but in the long run he is alienating a huge portion of his market.

• Content Count:  12,293

wow.....can this whole "rude fanbase" crap just die already?  i was at the **** game, had a few kansas fans in our section.  nothing bad was said or thrown at them (other than a few lame 'kansas sucks')

this was an isolated incident where maybe 10-15 fans are representing 55,000.

give me a break.

wow.....can this whole "rude fanbase" crap just die already?  i was at the **** game, had a few kansas fans in our section.  nothing bad was said or thrown at them (other than a few lame 'kansas sucks')

this was an isolated incident where maybe 10-15 fans are representing 55,000.

give me a break.

Call Duemig and tell him that, let me know how it goes.

• Content Count:  12,293

is his show still on the air right now?  what is the number?

• Content Count:  1,297

I love how he uses on example of one fan and lumps all USF fans into one drunken, "I've never been there before", group.

The one guy that called to voice his opinion actually made some good points and Duemig yelled right over him.

Deumig kept saying that Grothe said he saw a fan yelling at a cheerleader......but when the caller mentioned all the problems he's seen at the swamp - from a team that has been there before (171 ejections from the UF vs UM game) - Deumig's response was, "Well has Tebow ever mentioned a problem with the fans mistreating the visiting team?" -

Are you freaking, freaking kidding me.......so just because the QB of a team doesn't come out and say the fans are unruley, that means there isn't a problem with some of their fans..........ARE YOU KIDDING ME.  WORST ARGUEMENT EVER.  This guy has a hard on for getting down on USF and their program.  

WHAT A FREAKING SPIN DOCTOR.

You know what........THIS IS NOT A USF PROBLEM IT'S A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROBLEM.  And part of the reason this is getting so much pub is not becasue USF is acting out of line becasue it's a young program and doesn't know how to act, it's because the tampa bay area and the local media has never experience such an atmosphere - a college football atmosphere- in the area.......ever......first time..........OK basketball a long time ago with some big crowds, but I'm talking football here.

And let me tell you - banning alcohol in the stadium, and getting more police to 'crack-down', is not going to stop the small percentage of idiots out there from acting a fool.  YOU WILL NEVER STOP THOSE TYPES OF PEOPLE.  Make robbing banks illegal, set up servaillance, increase town police force, and the bank will still get robbed.  

Instead of focusing on these ya-hoos who make the most noise and get noticed - focus on your personal level of conduct.  If someone is being an A-hole, say something or point it out to an usher/officer.  If you see a visiting fan, in order to make up for any negative that maybe going on - offer that visiting fan a beer or some of your food in the parking lot......talk football with them, tell them thanks for coming to Tampa, tell them a joke, even some good natured ribbing is acceptable.  Let us responsible fans use our good nature and hospitality speak louder than the small number of losers - WHO WILL NEVER CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOR - but again - let the majority of good fans change just a bit and go a little extra out of our way to help the visiting team have an enjoyable experience and then and only then will our reputation become increasingly POSITIVE.

is his show still on the air right now?  what is the number?

I was being sarcastic. Seriously, don't bother. You can't argue with the guy, he will start yelling at you, at which point you will probably get confused, and admit that we have the worst fan base in any sport, worst than the soccer hooligans. Then he will laugh, and say "Gotcha you dumb ****", and you will hang up and say "WTF did just happen?" And you will be even more angry. Not worth it.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

All of this coming from a guy who apparently can't refrain from getting behind the wheel after he's been drinking.

Archived