• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU Flight Roll Call

Kyle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Just be careful guys.... Airlines like to bump people for having had one too many... It would suck to have to watch the game from Tampa cause they wouldn't let you on the plane...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Just an FYI to anyone who hasn't book a flight yet. Amtrak is only $35 one way. The only catch is you would have to go the day before. But they have a bar on the train, so it could be fun.

91 Silver Star

Tampa, FL

(TPA)

12:45 pm

20-SEP-08  Miami, FL

(MIA)

6:05 pm

20-SEP-08  5h 20m Dining car,  Lounge 

$35.00  92 Silver Star

Miami, FL

(MIA)

9:50 am

21-SEP-08  Tampa, FL

(TPA)

3:05 pm

21-SEP-08 

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Only problem with Amtrak is that the trains are almost always delayed! I take it home to the Deland area every once in a while and it's hardly ever on time. It is nicer than driving. After spending the summer in England, I'll always look at Amtrak in a different way.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Me and the wife are flying down early friday morning (8:38a) and returning early Sunday morning(7:00a).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Only problem with Amtrak is that the trains are almost always delayed! I take it home to the Deland area every once in a while and it's hardly ever on time. It is nicer than driving. After spending the summer in England, I'll always look at Amtrak in a different way.

really? I used Amtrak all the time when I lived in Boston and never had any issues except them leaving on the dot...almost missed the last train of the morning a few times between class and taking public transportation to the station

not gonna lie, I prefer flying but it's not a bad alternative in my experiences

Just be careful guys.... Airlines like to bump people for having had one too many... It would suck to have to watch the game from Tampa cause they wouldn't let you on the plane...

not sure about anyone else but i'm thinking a drink or two...honestly in the time we'll have there I don't think i'd have enough time to get denied access to the plane even if I wanted to drink that much!

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

really? I used Amtrak all the time when I lived in Boston and never had any issues except them leaving on the dot...almost missed the last train of the morning a few times between class and taking public transportation to the station

not gonna lie, I prefer flying but it's not a bad alternative in my experiences

It's usually when I'm going from Deland- Tampa. By this time, the train has lost a ton of time coming all the way down from NYC.

I plan on having one drink at the airport. It'll be fun hanging out with Bulls fans before we all head down.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Will Spirit only charge to select a seat and print a ticket out ahead of time? I tried to do the select-a-seat feature, and every choice I made had a dollar figure attached to it. Needless to say, I didn't reserve anything ahead of time. I'm hoping that on physical check-in we don't have to pay anything.

Anyone know the answer to the quoted question above? When I tried to set up my tickets online, there was a fee associated with everything. Are these fees just for the convenience of the online set-up or will we actually be charged these fees when we physically check in for our respective flights?

• Content Count:  2,307

I think that fee is if you want to pick your seat online.  Some people have a preference on where to sit.

I don't think we'll be charged that fee come boarding time.  Someone mentioned that they flew with this deal and were not charged a thing.

• Content Count:  3,827

JerseyBull's last 2 posts have me laughing at her. Just saying...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Last time I flew to Vegas I started drinking at 11pm the night before my 6am flight (you're not alone Mag, I'm not the biggest fan of flying either) and never went to bed. If I wasn't denied access that day I think I should be ok  ;D

Archived