• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's blog: Tampa Bay area fans prefer Bulls over Bucs?

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I went to the Bucs game also and sat in section 147 (the student section at usf games). It felt really weird to get yelled at from behind for standing up. the bulls game was probably twice as loud. That is an unbiased statement, because i'm a bucs fan too.

I was at both games as well.  The Bucs game seemed like we were watching a movie until the 4th quarter when the fans finally woke up.  Even then it is nothing compared to the atmosphere for Bulls games.

Most people in this town, have been brainwashed to believe Jon Gruden is satan's spawn.  They hate him. There were people sitting near me that were disappointed that the Bucs won, because they want them to have a horrible season so there is hope that he gets fired.  Great fans, huh?

Before Gruden got here, the Bucs had won 3 division titles EVER. In the history of the team.  They had a coach here who underachieved more than any coach I have ever seen not named Norv Turner. They had one of the best defenses in our generation yet would go 9-7 every year and get absolutely embarassed in the playoffs. 

Gruden comes here. Suddenly they win in Philly, win the Super Bowl. They have won 3 division titles in 6 years.  All at the tail end of a team's window that got old very fast and was in absolute salary cap hell. Like all good teams at the end of a long run. Dallas went through it, San Fran has never recovered, the Ravens went through it, the Titans, etc.   

The guy has been won a combined 5 division titles in 8 seasons between the Bucs and Raiders and a Super Bowl.  And people absolutely hate him. I think most of it is because after Mike Alstott's kneck injury, he wasn't the same player and Mike was such a popular figure they blame him for not running him as much.  I don't know. Its weird.  I am not sure what more people want out of the guy. They don't have a franchise QB here.  Very few teams do.  They expect him to have some amazing high flying offense, but other than teams that have franchise QB's who does?

I feel really bad for the guy.  He has been vilified in this town, like nothing I have ever seen. And its personal too.  People actually hate him.  I love the Bucs, but am at the point where I think it would be best if he went elsewhere.  This town doesn't deserve him.  When the Bucs go back to barely winning a wild card occasionally and getting absolutely embarassed in the playoffs every year like they did with Dungy, then maybe they will realize what they have.

The thing is. Who would want this job?  This town hates the most successful coach in franchise history.  If you come here and win division titles and a Super Bowl, its still not good enough. They'll run you out of town and vilify you while doing it.   I certainly wouldn't want that job.

• Content Count:  3,403

As someone that did not grow up in Tampa, I couldn't care less about the Bucs or any other Tampa team besides USF, so I'm happy that the Bulls are getting more support than the Bucs or Rays.  USF does have an advantage of having cheaper tickets, including 12,501 free tickets.  Good to know the atmosphere is better for USF.

• Content Count:  574

As someone that did not grow up in Tampa, I couldn't care less about the Bucs or any other Tampa team besides USF, so I'm happy that the Bulls are getting more support than the Bucs or Rays.  USF does have an advantage of having cheaper tickets, including 12,501 free tickets.  Good to know the atmosphere is better for USF.

I didn't grow up in Tampa either.  But, I live here now and hopefully always will.  I support all the home teams and wish them all success.  Then again I like to live in the present and not the past like a lot of the transplants here.  They just love wherever they are from so much and it so much better there, etc.  It was so amazing that they decided to pack up everything they own and get the hell out of there.  Then they hate it here, but never leave.  A lot of really stupid people in this world.

Sadly many of them move here and put NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. license plate covers around their FL license plate.  Brilliant!

• Content Count:  4,738

College football is more exciting than the NFL.  Especially the crappy Gruden offense. 

Archived