• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Klotz Honored as SoccerFLA.com Player of the Week

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF

Klotz Honored as SoccerFLA.com Player of the Week

TAMPA(9/15/08) - University of South Florida women’s soccer freshman Chelsea Klotz was named this week’s SoccerFLA.com’s Player of the Week after she registered two goals in the Bulls’ 3-2 double overtime win against Illinois State, including the game-winner in the 104th minute of play.

”We are very excited for Chelsea,” said Bulls head coach Denise Schilte-Brown. “She has worked hard and has played extremely well for us in number of different postions. She has the right attitude and I’m excited for her future here at USF.”

With the game tied 1-1, Klotz would give the Bulls the lead as she split the defense and sent a rocket past the keeper, in the 54th minute, with the assist coming from fellow freshman Noelle Pineiro

Klotz would end it in the 104th minute as Amanda McCormick would loft a pass to Klotz on a breakaway and she slipt it by the keeper to end it.

On the season, Klotz has a team best three goals and taken a team high 27 shots.

With the win, the Bulls improved to 3-1-2 on the year.

Klotz and the Bulls will be in action next Friday, Sept. 19, as they open BIG EAST Conference play against Marquette at 7:30 p.m. at USF Soccer Stadium.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Chelsea Klotz

Denise Schilte-Brown

makes me glad my last name is Smith! ;D

Archived