• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Superstitions

JoeB

superstition is another word for coincidence given false meaning

or maybe it could be part of chaos theory... you know - a fan drinks a beer in the South Endzone and a field goal drifts toward him just inside the uprights...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

superstition is another word for coincidence given false meaning

or maybe it could be part of chaos theory... you know - a fan drinks a beer in the South Endzone and a field goal drifts toward him just inside the uprights...

Whatever people need to tell themselves to think they have an effect on the outcome, heh.  I say just be loud in support of the team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

We have 6 seats, 3 in one row and 3 right behind.  Brought friends who were attending their first college FB game.  Ladies sit in front and guys in back.  The couple we brought switched seats at half time.  It was the guys idea to change USF's luck.  Seemed to work. 

I had a lucky road hat that was 5-0 on the road until Rutgers last year.  Left it in NJ  :)

• Content Count:  2,363

A small superstition I have is that I tend to make sure in my immediate area that there's nothing green being covered up by or underneath anything of the opposing teams colors. if there is, I'm sure to rearrange it so that green is on top! Come to think of it, that did seem to work on Friday night...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Still wearing 2007's our shirt because we are undefeated when i do. 

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

i dont leave my seat until the game is over. if i need a drink or whatever i'll catch a vendor or send the g/f to get one. if i have to go to the bathroom, it can wait till the game is over.

lol, i woulda died on Friday if i tried that. I was sick and burning up, i drank so much fluids and an energy drink i was running back to the pisser every 10 minutes. The two KU fans i had to walk past were probably wondering wtf was going on lol.

• Content Count:  228

My wife and I are both USF grads living in Philly.  We watch or listen to all the games and have a few superstitions.  We always eat pizza during the games and when USF needs help we punch each other as hard as we can in the leg or arm - my neighbors think I beat her.  During the last game we called Bonani banana and sung the Gewn Stefani Banana song when he kicked the last field goal - I think it's going to stick.

• Content Count:  201

i can hold it but if i gets really bad, there are several empty cups around, just kidding.

Who's kidding? Had a friend do that at the opener

• Content Count:  760

My g/f, another couple and myself went up to Club access at halftime to get some drinks and it took so long that the game started again. So we sat at a table and watch the game on the big screen. Well, we all know how the 3rd quarter went. So we didnt leave from that spot for the rest of the game.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

The reason we have won this year is because I have the worry angel.. Oh and I also switch the tongue on my shoe from green to gold at halftime...

Archived