• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Superstitions

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

As I mentioned on another thread I had to leave my section during the game due to the team scoring more points in the 2nd Quarter while I was standing in the area behind the South Endzone.  So basically me and my nephew stayed in this section and there were two guys we were high fiving after each play in the 3rd Quarter during the comeback.  I told these guys that they couldn't leave and had to respect the streak we were on and it was bigger than the four of us.  Thing is, I was serious about it.  After we came back and won, I joked with these guys that no one would believe us, but we knew there was something magical happening.  Couldn't explain it, but didn't question it.  I told them I might meet up with them later in the season if there are any trouble games.  Funny thing is I don't even think I got their names.  Didn't matter to me, as long as we won. 

Anybody else, do the exact same thing in the 3rd Quarter once the mojo was flowing? 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

I have a ritual ... I cheer until the game is settled  ;D

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

i dont leave my seat until the game is over. if i need a drink or whatever i'll catch a vendor or send the g/f to get one. if i have to go to the bathroom, it can wait till the game is over.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

... if i have to go to the bathroom, it can wait till the game is over.

I've considered "Depends"  8)

• Content Count:  2,118

i can hold it but if i gets really bad, there are several empty cups around, just kidding.

• Content Count:  2,307

Last 2 games I started both games wearing my new Selvie UA jersey.  At half time I've changed back into my Lee Roy Selmon Jr 93 since I've had that since 2003.  I believe we've started playing better because I changed jerseys.  So I decided not to wear the Selvie jersey anymore.  Til someone mentioned that maybe the act of changing jerseys is what's causing the change...

So next few games I will be starting off with my 93 since that's what I've always worn since 2003.  If that doesn't work I'll be changing jerseys the rest of the season.

Oh!!  And I also changed my purse that I took to UCF which I've never used during a game....and even took the new sunglasses out because that could have jinxed something.

I sound crazy....lol.

• Content Count:  3,103

I came from the Oneg I went to on campus during halftime and sat in the same position the rest of the 2nd half.  only moving during breaks in play if somebody came to my door.  all i could think of in my head was "Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman." (look it up if you are confused of what it means.)  also wear the white Grothe jersey (only one I have and got it my last year in Tampa 2006 season) and white shorts during every game that we have won in regulation, didn't wear the shorts during the UCiF game.

• Content Count:  3,403

superstition is another word for coincidence given false meaning

• Content Count:  25

The past 2 weeks when USF has gotten into trouble i've hopped on the workout bike and pedaled for about 4-5 minutes.  Worked each time.  I also did this against WVU last year and it worked.  Too bad its at my friends house and I don't have one at home, I attribute all of our losses last season to that fact

Archived