• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU Watch Parties

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Beef's in Apollo Beach is horrible....

However, the Beef's in Summerfield on Big Bend Rd is so much better.  I am very good friends with the owners there.  I can reserve the party room if you like.

It can handle 25-30 people, has 2 30" standard def and 1 42" HDTV TV's in the party room.

The staff there is also very pro-USF (because most of them are USF students themselves); a couple of Gator staff though.....

Woo Hoo I got a sticky'd thread!!!

Wow.. that just didn't work for a family board....

HOTmello.... Talk to your friend at the Beefs and see what they say... If they're not down I'll call Island... I reallllly like that place... Let me know what you hear.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Beef's in Apollo Beach is horrible....

However, the Beef's in Summerfield on Big Bend Rd is so much better. I am very good friends with the owners there. I can reserve the party room if you like.

It can handle 25-30 people, has 2 30" standard def and 1 42" HDTV TV's in the party room.

The staff there is also very pro-USF (because most of them are USF students themselves); a couple of Gator staff though.....

Woo Hoo I got a sticky'd thread!!!

Wow.. that just didn't work for a family board....

HOTmello.... Talk to your friend at the Beefs and see what they say... If they're not down I'll call Island... I reallllly like that place... Let me know what you hear.

Will make the request today....I'll post with the results.

Beef O'Brady's

(813) 672-4411

13326 Lincoln Rd, Riverview, FL

• Content Count:  869

Any in the Orlando/Winter Park area??

I think they are at the Ale House on University near Semoran.  At least I hope so, because I plan on going.

Ale House it is then.  As far as Hillsborough County goes, last year most the major resturant/bars around campus (i.e. Lee Roys, Gators Dockside, Peabody's) will feature the away games on the big screen.  Can't speak for the home games because I'm always at RJS.

Maybe Kevin can give us an official word. 

If this is where everyone is going then I will be there as well.

I will e-mail Matt T. and verify that they will have the big space available to us.  I should have a post on this tomorrow.  Thanks, Kdawgy

• Content Count:  35

This is Matt Todd manager of the Ale House in Winter Park (University and Semoran).  I will have the game on throughout my restaurant.  However, like Jim stated since the Florida and Tennessee game starts at 3:30 and will be in the second half it is going to be tough for me to pull the audio.  I do plan on switching the audio immediately following the end of the gator game.  If our start time was closer to 3:30 i could do something different, but this week my hands are tied.  We do have great drink specials:

Buckets of Bud, Bud Light, and Bud Select 5 for $10

$5 doubles of Captain Morgan and Skyy Products

1.75 Miller Lite Pints

2.00 Fosters

3.95 Cabo Margaritas

2.95 Pints of Leinkuegals (Honey, Berry, and Sunset Wheat)

Tons of food.......

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Matt,

I work right around the corner from you.  Next time I come in for lunch, I'll be sure to say, "hi"

• Content Count:  149

This is Matt Todd manager of the Ale House in Winter Park (University and Semoran).  I will have the game on throughout my restaurant.  However, like Jim stated since the Florida and Tennessee game starts at 3:30 and will be in the second half it is going to be tough for me to pull the audio.  I do plan on switching the audio immediately following the end of the gator game.  If our start time was closer to 3:30 i could do something different, but this week my hands are tied.  We do have great drink specials:

1.75 Miller Lite Pints

2.00 Fosters

3.95 Cabo Margaritas

Tons of food.......

Yeah, that's understandable.  It will be tough for any restaurant/bar to switch the audio mid-game since the UF game will be a more high-profile matchup.  I don't have ESPNU at the house so I'll be happy just watching the game.

I just moved from Tampa to WP a couple months ago.  How many Bulls fans get together around here for the watch parties?  

1.75 Miller Lite Pints

2.00 Fosters

3.95 Cabo Margaritas

Tons of food.......

I would like to point out that if you get a confirmation of a large USF watch party that is also willing to use your location for future away games, then posting signs in your restaurant stating such fact will allow customers to make decisions if they want to stay or not.

THIS IS BULLS COUNTRY!!!!!

OK, about SouthSHore (Riverview/Apollo Beach/Ruskin) area watch party locations:

Beef's on Big Bend Rd. - Party room is already taken for a birthday party from 4p-Whenever....The manager was initially not willing to put the USF game on the big screen in the main restaurant due to the 3:30pm start of the UF-UT game.  I asked if I got a confirmation on numbers and promise to use Beef's as future location for watch parties, would he agree to switch the game over, he said yes.

Buffalo Wild Wings US-301/Big Bend Rd - Manager has already agreed to put USF game on big screens with audio at 5:00pm, no matter how many UF fans are present.  The manager will state, USF has already asked for this on Monday!

What say you guys?......

• Content Count:  35

HOTMELO,

I would love to be able to be the place to go in Orlando to watch the Bulls when they are away!  It is just about getting the word out and seeing what kind of interest is there.  Please get with Kevin as we are always in contact and both of us would really like this group to grow.

Matt 

• Content Count:  645

HOTMELO,

I would love to be able to be the place to go in Orlando to watch the Bulls when they are away!  It is just about getting the word out and seeing what kind of interest is there.  Please get with Kevin as we are always in contact and both of us would really like this group to grow.

Matt 

Matt -  Since you are so close to the UCF campus, do you think there would be any repercussions if your place became "Bulls Country"?  My wife and I will make every effort to be there Saturday.

Archived