• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU Watch Parties

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm trying to gauge interest in setting up a watch party in the Southhore/Riverview area. Possible locations would be the Beef O Brady's on Big Bend Road or there is also a resturant called the Island Bar and Grill on 41 just south of Apollo Beach that we've had good luck with before. If you're interested in coming please reply so we can settle on a location and let them know what size group we might have coming.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I may be going to the game but if not I would be interested. There are others who live down here, I bet there could get something good going if it became 'official'

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

island would be better than beefs.  i have friends that live in ruskin and they tell me that island is the best bar down there.  the beefs at apollo beach is very small.

but it all comes down to how much audio, tv, and crowd space they are willing to give.  and DRINK specials.

• Content Count:  1,066

Beef's in Apollo Beach is horrible....

However, the Beef's in Summerfield on Big Bend Rd is so much better.  I am very good friends with the owners there.  I can reserve the party room if you like.

It can handle 25-30 people, has 2 30" standard def and 1 42" HDTV TV's in the party room.

The staff there is also very pro-USF (because most of them are USF students themselves); a couple of Gator staff though.....

• Content Count:  12,293

drink specials is the bottom line.  if you can get the beefs on big bend to give some NICE drink specials then ill be there. 

how about $10 for 5 beers.

and .35 cent wings!!!

• Content Count:  505

I might be interested if I'm in town, will know in a couple of days.  Island Grill is great as I live in Apollo Beach, but willing to go anywhere in the area.

The hard part with making anything "official" is the commitment of the location to USF.  Remember a few years ago, the Beef O Brady's on Fowler was an official location, but wanted to put USF in the back room with the UF-FSU game on in the main area.

This weekend you have Florida-Tennessee that will be in the second half when our game starts.  You need to get a commitment that they will switch over to USF-FIU no matter what.  That can be a tough commitment...

• Content Count:  20

Besides the USF Alumni Lee Roy Semlons on by Intl Mall are there any other good watch parties for the game saturday?

• Content Count:  20

FYI Lee Roy Selmons has about 90% of the T.Vs showing the Bulls game all the time since it's an official USF bar.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Call and make sure they have ESPN U where ever you go.  I went to a bar in Tally once to watch a game.  I was shocked a sports bar in a college town wouldn't have it.

Better check and make sure.

Archived