• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last Year Football team vs This Year Football team

Rizman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

These are the difference I have seen so far from my perspective.

1) Defense is different, in some areas just as good in others not so.  Example our coverage is a little weaker since we are not that good in man to man but the reading of screens has been excellent.  Love the hits that or DB have been giving players that are setup by their QB's. 

Example, pass rush and sacking is down but the run up the middle by opposing teams seems to be reduced.  Ray Rice would not eat this team but we must figure a way to pressure the QB in the pocket a little more.

2) Offense - More balanced, seem to use Grothe as a running back a lot less and the pocket has been providing him a better protection.  Grothe is making better decisions and not looking at the primary target as much.

Special teams - Up and won and not consistent but moving in a postive direction.  Remove the UCF game and you have a consistent special team performance. 

Our team is more composed and shows less emotions on the field.  Further more our pentalites and turnovers have declined drastically.

I know this will change from game to game but that is my view to date.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

These are the difference I have seen so far from my perspective.

1) Defense is different, in some areas just as good in others not so.  Example our coverage is a little weaker since we are not that good in man to man but the reading of screens has been excellent.  Love the hits that or DB have been giving players that are setup by their QB's. 

Example, pass rush and sacking is down but the run up the middle by opposing teams seems to be reduced.  Ray Rice would not eat this team but we must figure a way to pressure the QB in the pocket a little more.

2) Offense - More balanced, seem to use Grothe as a running back a lot less and the pocket has been providing him a better protection.   Grothe is making better decisions and not looking at the primary target as much.

Special teams - Up and won and not consistent but moving in a postive direction.  Remove the UCF game and you have a consistent special team performance. 

Our team is more composed and shows less emotions on the field.  Further more our pentalites and turnovers have declined drastically.

I know this will change from game to game but that is my view to date.

I beg to differ on Grothe not looking at the primary target as much! I can't tell you how many times he has one (many times more) wide open WR(s) that he doesn't see are wide open because he is too focused on his primary target!!

Archived