• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #16 in Coaches Poll | #12 in AP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I noticed from last year, the Coaches poll usually has a 1 week delay.  It's even worse when you play Saturday night.  I guess these guys are actually coaching like they should.  

Gotta love that the AP is giving us some respect, but that's all it's worth in the big picture.

Remember,  the only poll that matters is the BCS, which=Coaches+ Harris+ Computers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

i was hoping we would jump in front of ECU.  they are not better than us.  and i dont think we should of jumped ahead of Ohio St either.

thats a pretty fair ranking. 

We did jump ahead of ECU...

Guest BasketBull.

I know it's not to smart to get ahead of ourselves, especially with our heart-attack kids.

But, you've got to be giddy at the prospect that lies ahead: We will be favored almost all the way till the end of the season.

Look at the teams ahead of us in the AP:

1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596

2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485

3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437

4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414

5. Missouri 3-0 1,389

6. LSU 2-0 1,274

7. Texas 2-0 1,140

8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076

9. Alabama 3-0 982

10. Auburn 3-0 958

11. Texas Tech 3-0 904

I would say that we have the easiest schedule of anybody on there. One game at a time and we get to the top!  :gobulls

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

One thing I noticed from last year, the Coaches poll usually has a 1 week delay.  It's even worse when you play Saturday night.  I guess these guys are actually coaching like they should.  

Gotta love that the AP is giving us some respect, but that's all it's worth in the big picture.

Remember,  the only poll that matters is the BCS, which=Coaches+ Harris+ Computers

Actually, in the BIG picture the AP poll is worth more than that.

First, it is cited by all the media in their stories and on TV.

Second, how they vote does have an impact on the Coaches' and Harris voters the following weeks. It acts as a quasi check on the BCS. As a result, all the polls tend to even out down the road.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Great post.  Wish I'da thought of that... ::)

• Content Count:  1,260

Great that we rose....but let's just win and see how everything shakes out. Even though our conference is down...there is a history of beating each other up. Case in point, we could still end up playing a ranked UConn and ranked WVU team before it's all said and done....and it's Cincinatti and Rutgers who have actually had our number recently.

• Content Count:  1,013

Second, how they vote does have an impact on the Coaches' and Harris voters the following weeks. It acts as a quasi check on the BCS. As a result, all the polls tend to even out down the road.

Great post!

My purpose was not to discount the importance of the AP. Rather just remind everyone that the AP is no longer a component of the BCS.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great post!

My purpose was not to discount the importance of the AP. Rather just remind everyone that the AP is no longer a component of the BCS.

I understand.

My purpose was only to point out that the BCS is not the only thing that shapes public opinion and that some people now tend to disregard the AP votes as a result. It certainly can have a positive impact also when recruiting.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

........and #16 in the Coaches Poll.  Not too bad.  At least we jumped the Suckeyes in the AP.

Great job Bulls, lets keep this train a rollin'!!

• Content Count:  4,738

the AP's only purpose is to show the coaches how much they ****** up, so they can adjust the next week.

Archived