• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt Attendance Tix Thread

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

If it is the same strategy employed in the KU game, then the other side has not been opened for ticket sales.

Thursday night

+

rays resurgence

+

Economy in the crapper

+

Last season's choke job fresh on the mind of non-sports media that pimped the bulls then but not now

=

Current situation we are in with regard to tickets.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

45 K- 50 K seems attainable. Carolina hit it right on the bullet. However, it would be nice to have the place sold out w/ scouts and reps there.

• Content Count:  2,307

I hope that at least one upper deck side is full.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

You guys are approaching analyzing the tickets sold for this game all wrong. Remember, there are 3 tiers of pricing for tickets in the upper deck. So, while a pair of tickets can be had in 334 Row K, the best available from sections 330 to 327 (the $10 seats and extra visitors sections) is 327 Row X, meaning that thse sections are just about completely sold out. Also, sections 331 to 334 are not for sale, so as long as we have a decent showing by the students, those sections should be mostly filled. At the $25 price point the best available is a pair in 333 Row P. I do not know if they sell 337 before 333 or not, but that section is already more than half full. There are not ANY tickets left in the lower bowl. So, based upon the premise that the lower bowl holds about 42,000 seats, with each upper deck holding about 11,500 seats, a near sell out of the east side of the upper deck would result in about 53,000 tickets sold/distributed.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You guys are approaching analyzing the tickets sold for this game all wrong. Remember, there are 3 tiers of pricing for tickets in the upper deck. So, while a pair of tickets can be had in 334 Row K, the best available from sections 330 to 327 (the $10 seats and extra visitors sections) is 327 Row X, meaning that thse sections are just about completely sold out. Also, sections 331 to 334 are not for sale, so as long as we have a decent showing by the students, those sections should be mostly filled. At the $25 price point the best available is a pair in 333 Row P. I do not know if they sell 337 before 333 or not, but that section is already more than half full. There are not ANY tickets left in the lower bowl. So, based upon the premise that the lower bowl holds about 42,000 seats, with each upper deck holding about 11,500 seats, a near sell out of the east side of the upper deck would result in about 53,000 tickets sold/distributed.

Good analysis.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

From Greg Auman's chat on his blog yesterday:

Q: As of today,How many tickets have already been distibuted for the Pitt. game on Thursday? Is it possible that we acutally sell the game out? Whats your prediction on how many fans will be at the game? Thanks -- Bill

G.A.: I haven't gotten a number from USF, but the general word I'm hearing is expectations of a crowd in the low 50s -- the average in two home games has been 53,000 in change, and while the Bulls would like more for a Big East opener and national TV game, there's a few wrinkles, of course. The Rays have their first-ever postseason game at home Thursday afternoon, and the first pitch is 2:30, meaning fans could take in both without missing a pitch or a snap ... if they're ambitious enough to take in a nine-hour doubleheader. I think you'll see the vice presidential debate take a little from the TV ratings, but I don't know if it should impact the crowd that much. I do not think the game will sell out, but I think a crowd in the mid-50s, given everything going on, is fine. If the Bulls keep winning, I think bigger crowds will jump on for the November home games against Rutgers and Connecticut ...

• Content Count:  3,403

Good analysis.

Yeah, you always gotta check all the price levels.  It looks like we'll have a good crowd, maybe a little less than Kansas.  Kansas game was quite loud, too.

• Content Count:  17

Good analysis.

Actually, the way they do it is they sell them section by section, so they probably just sold out section 327.  I just looked for 10 (not 2, 10) tickets at the $10 pricepoint, section 328, row G, I checked the $25 tickets, section 122 row S (lower bowl, mind you), for the $30 tickets, it was row E, section 334 ... and those were all for 10 tickets right in a row ... we've got a ways to go before even one side is sold out

• Content Count:  1,386

The announced attendance was 50,307.

The average for this year is at 52,373 meaning USF is -797 down from last year's avg of 53,170. The best home attendance average before last season was the 1st BE season of 38,865. So this season's average so far is +13,508 over that.

The Pitt attendance of 50,307 was;

• 6th highest home game ever

• 17th highest attended USF game anywhere

• 5th highest USF Big East game anywhere

• 4th highest Big East game at home

Kizarvexis

Archived