• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Pounce Panthers in Home Opener

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF

Bulls Pounce Panthers in Home Opener

TAMPA, Fla. – The No. 17 University of South Florida men’s soccer team beat the FIU Panthers in home opener in their newly constructed USF Soccer Stadium.

“It was nice to play at home, the facility looks great,” said USF head coach, George Kiefer. “I think our guys came very focused. As far as the game, hitting the post as many times as we did, I felt like we could have put the game away sooner. We keep them around and keep them in it. Once we play cleaner that a game we take care of a little quicker.” 

In goal for the Bulls was sophomore, Jeff Attinella who had six saves on the evening. This was the first start of the season for Attinella and third for his career. 

“It was big for me to come out here in a home game and get the start,” said Attinella, “I am excited that we got the victory, but we are still focused on one game at a time.”

“Jeff has been working hard and I was happy to give him an opportunity,” said Kiefer. “He did some good things this game and he has some things to work on.”

The Bulls victory gave them two on the year, after senior Jordan Seabrook and junior Andre Mittoo each put it by FIU goalie, Jesse Fullerton.

Minutes after Attinella leaped to make the save from FIU’s William Thompson, Seabrook hit his second shot of the season. Sophomore Fernando Gonzalez and senior Jason Devenish dished the ball between the defenders to Seabrook to allow the Bulls to go up by one heading into the half. USF fired off five goals in the first period and got the first two shots of the game. 

In the second half, Aristeguieta and Anor each hit the crossbar to only allow the Bulls to be ahead by one. In the 80th minute, FIU put a ball in the back corner to even up the game. Within two minutes, the Bulls countered attacked to secure the victory for USF. After a foul by FIU, Anor crossed a ball to the middle of the penalty box and Mittoo headed in a shot passed the diving Fullerton.

For those who can’t make the game, follow the game on the USF Press Pass, which features live video and audio streaming or watch live stats. Both can be found at GoUSFBulls.com. Bulls fans will also be able to listen to the game on USF Press Pass and WBUL 1620, as the voice of USF men’s soccer Jim Henderson calls the play by play.

For the complete USF schedule, visit Gousfbulls.com. Individual tickets can be purchased at the gates starting one hour prior to each home game. Season and group tickets can be purchased through 1-800-GoBulls.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Did I miss something?  I don't see where that article mentions the score.  I figured out that we won 2-nil, but the intern that wrote that piece may need a kick to the shins to remind her/him that you must always include the score.  ;D

Normal

• Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

They must have fixed it, as article on web site now shows 2-1 victory...

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Go USF Soccer, bring home the Big East title

Archived