• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (KU @ USF)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

The bad- me wearing my new Selvie jersey again.

The good- switching back to my Lee Roy Selmon Jr at halftime and us playing much better until our OC gives the other team the chance to come back with some questionable call.

Happened at UCF too. I'm not wearing that jersey anymore... I know, I'm too superstitious.

• Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

GOOD - Grothe, Bonani, Selvie, O-line, WR's, Nate Allen, TJ, Love, and pretty much anyone else wearing GREEN.

BAD - Late rallies by the bad guys

UGLY - 5:00pm in Miami without cold beer.

See you Saturday!

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,894

Hahaha you guys know nothing. Everyone reacts different. I think our team responded well. Grothe is doing everything he can to get us a win. He left it all on the field last night. For the first time I saw him in the ref's face for that challenged td. He jumped up and down on the field similar to teebow and got the crowd pumped up. He was the game changer. His excitement, his determination, his passion, and his leadership which includes getting in his teammates a** when they mess up changed the game. He knows his offense and he knows what to say to them to get them back on track. Once they leave the field they are back to normal. You guys need to get real.

• Content Count:  2,461

Hahaha you guys know nothing. Everyone reacts different. I think our team responded well. Grothe is doing everything he can to get us a win. He left it all on the field last night. For the first time I saw him in the ref's face for that challenged td. He jumped up and down on the field similar to teebow and got the crowd pumped up. He was the game changer. His excitement, his determination, his passion, and his leadership which includes getting in his teammates a** when they mess up changed the game. He knows his offense and he knows what to say to them to get them back on track. Once they leave the field they are back to normal. You guys need to get real.

Yeah, I can't imagine any QB getting upset at his players... I mean look at Favre. There's a HOF QB that never gets angry at his teammates when they screw up.  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

The Good

Attendance, 58K +

The Win

The Bad

Down 20-3

Letting the team back after a 14 point lead

The Ugly

Reading some of the complaints on this board, not in this thread though.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,403

Yeah, I'm not understanding where all this criticism of Matt Grothe is coming from.  Hes the MVP of our team and a Heisman candidate (which we'd have to go undefeated for, but still).  I think Grant Greg could be solid and BJ Daniels is the future but the way people jump on anything Grothe does lately is just baffling.  Are you guys watching the same games the rest of us are?  The rest of the nation?  He's turning into a leader.  You tell your teammates what to do better.

As for the defense:  yeah, our secondary was getting torched so we made the adjustment to play man coverage.  Burnham admitted that perhaps they stuck with that a little too long (because Kansas adjusted), but it definitely worked for our 31 unanswered point streak.

i am not sure why every one is so quick to defend the guy. Yes he is good QB, and Yes he is our MVP. but you ever thought that screming your head out to a team make on TV might make him a little on edge. i am all for making the guy know that he screwed up but jumping and yelling and screaming is not always the most effective way. you might be surprised how much better calling a guy on the side between plays and say ing a calm voice "Catch The ****ING Ball" might be.

Maybe I'd be concerned if, I dunno, our offense wasn't putting up so many yards every game.  If a player makes a mistake, he deserves to be yelled at.  Every player needs to be held accountable.  I don't seem him goings nuts as you are describing, using words like jumping and screaming.

I like the intensity and passion.  We play better with it.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Grothe = Leader.

If he keeps chucking up 350 yards of passing every week and we keep winning, he can yell at whoever the hell he wants to.

Archived