• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where was Richard Kelly?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We had their defense on the field forever last night, I thought Kelly should have gotten a lot of carries in the 4th quarter to wear them down and burn the clock.

Trust issues maybe?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Not sure, we sure trusted him against UCF though.  I didn't notice Kelly much at all.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

I was screaming about this on the 3rd and 1 when Matt fumbled. How could we lack that much confidence in our run game after Taylor shredded them in the 3rd quarter?

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

That 3 and 1 was the worst call of the game, we always seem to have at min one bonehead call a game and that was it.

• Content Count:  12,293

I was screaming about this on the 3rd and 1 when Matt fumbled. How could we lack that much confidence in our run game after Taylor shredded them in the 3rd quarter?

that was the worst play call of the game.  i was completely dumbfounded at that one.

3rd and 1...we need to put grothe under center and use the power run game.  or atleast have a designed run for grothe.  dont let him drop back to pass.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

that was the worst play call of the game.  i was completely dumbfounded at that one.

3rd and 1...we need to put grothe under center and use the power run game.  or atleast have a designed run for grothe.  dont let him drop back to pass.

Exactly. This situation is the reason you have a back like R. Kelly in your stable.

• Content Count:  5,244

That 3 and 1 was the worst call of the game

absolutely.  everybody around my seats in that section were completely in awe at how utterly stupid that playcall was.

WTF were they doing?

i don't know why we didn't run more to begin with.  it seemed like we had some good success running the ball, but Leavitt seemed determined to jump into a pitching duel with Kansas.

not an easy task, but can't argue with results.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

We had their defense on the field forever last night, I thought Kelly should have gotten a lot of carries in the 4th quarter to wear them down and burn the clock.

Trust issues maybe?

our offenisve game plan is too predictable

• Content Count:  2,307

And I cursed a bunch after he wasn't put in during that 3rd and 1.  I was pissed!!

• Content Count:  10,874

I only saw Kelly in there on QB keeper plays, which keyed for me what we were going to do.  I'm sure that it keyed Mangino as well.  We really need to change the way we use Grothe for keepers, as well as the slant passes to Taurus right at the line of scrimmage, they just aren't working well for us.

Archived