• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TSA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

my buddy got arrested for standing in the stairwell because his 100 level ticket apparently didn't guarantee him a seat.

What the hell were the charges?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

my buddy got arrested for standing in the stairwell because his 100 level ticket apparently didn't guarantee him a seat.

I'm thinking there's a tad more to the story than that ....

• Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  0

NO.  CHARGE DESCRIPTION  CLASS  COURT  DISP  BOND  BP  FINE  CUSTODY DAYS  CHARGE COUNT  CHARGE TYPE

1 OBSTRUCTING OR OPPOSING AN OFFICER WITHOUT FORCE M1 41C PP   500.00 B   1   1 PC

He was on probation and he was drunk (he is 21) and ran his mouth, but nothing bad enough to get arrested. now he's still in jail

• Content Count:  12,293

I'm thinking there's a tad more to the story than that ....

yea.  you dont get arrested for Standing anywhere.  its probably how your buddy reacted to being told to sit down.

standing at your seat that you paid for is one thing but standing in the middle of the stairwell is just stupid.

• Content Count:  565

From the glazed look in his eyes, was he intoxicated?

I'm sorry, I have a lot of respect for the TSA guys and ladies. They have to deal with a lot of very drunk douchebags students that refuse to leave the stairwell, stand on chairs, and are just being ********. They have bosses too, you know. If someone breaks their necks because they were too plastered to realize that standing on the stair rails is a bad idea, they could have a lawsuit on their hands, because God forbid anyone takes personal responsibility...

I know this makes me seem like a senior citizen rather than a senior in college, but I am sick and tired of half of our students that don't realize when they've had enough...

• Content Count:  12,293

I know this makes me seem like a senior citizen rather than a senior in college, but I am sick and tired of half of our students that don't realize when they've had enough...

i agree with that 100%.  i am not a senior citizen either (i am 26)  any i have been known to enjoy a few adult beverages from time to time.  BUT, if you only come to the games to tailgate and get so drunk that you dont even remember the 2nd half then you have a problem.  if you want to get that drunk then do it at your house. 

some people want to come to the game to watch the football game and cheer on our team.  you can do that responsibly and have a good buzz but getting so drunk that you think you are superman then its time for you to go.

im sorry to hear that your buddy is still in jail (for godsakes..his bond is only $500 why you still letting him stay in jail???)  but if he is a 21 year old college student and this is atleast his 2nd arrest (you mentioned he was on probation) then maybe he needs a little time to reflect.

• Content Count:  157

If i'm on probation that last thing I'm going to do is mouth off to a cop, especially if I have been drinking....

I'm sorry, I have a lot of respect for the TSA guys and ladies. They have to deal with a lot of very drunk douchebags students that refuse to leave the stairwell, stand on chairs, and are just being ********. They have bosses too, you know. If someone breaks their necks because they were too plastered to realize that standing on the stair rails is a bad idea, they could have a lawsuit on their hands, because God forbid anyone takes personal responsibility...

It really wasn't even in the stairwell, it was at the very bottom, where it's not even an obstruction. I'm really disappointed with how they handled the ticket situation. Did they give out too many 100 lvl tickets, or did they just not enforce who got down there?

i agree with that 100%.  i am not a senior citizen either (i am 26)  any i have been known to enjoy a few adult beverages from time to time.  BUT, if you only come to the games to tailgate and get so drunk that you dont even remember the 2nd half then you have a problem.  if you want to get that drunk then do it at your house. 

some people want to come to the game to watch the football game and cheer on our team.  you can do that responsibly and have a good buzz but getting so drunk that you think you are superman then its time for you to go.

im sorry to hear that your buddy is still in jail (for godsakes..his bond is only $500 why you still letting him stay in jail???)  but if he is a 21 year old college student and this is atleast his 2nd arrest (you mentioned he was on probation) then maybe he needs a little time to reflect.

We tried bailing him out. Theire keeping him because it was the second time he violated his probation. (i never said he didn't deserve it)

• Content Count:  565

It really wasn't even in the stairwell, it was at the very bottom, where it's not even an obstruction. I'm really disappointed with how they handled the ticket situation. Did they give out too many 100 lvl tickets, or did they just not enforce who got down there?

They didn't enforce it on the HOT side, but on the Beef Studs side, they enforced it all game.

Say what we want about the wristbands, but it prevented people from getting down there that shouldn't be.

Archived