• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Treatement of KU Fans.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

there's always going to be scattered ********.

all we can do individually is try to be classy so the visitors who had good experiences can provide a counterbalance to the ones who were treated poorly.

everyone make an effort to do your part!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

sounds like usf needs to offer a new class: How to treat fans of visiting teams 1001, How to handle wins 1001 and Not Chanting Overrated 1001.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The "F*** You, K U" chant walking out of Gate B was unwarranted.  There were several KU fans, including kids, walking through that.  After that game, we should be cheering for our team not denigrating the other team.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

i heard a lot of "kansas sucks"  "jayhawks suck"  "this isnt basketball"  but nothing too bad.

come on, you show up at the opposing stadium decked out in Kansas Blue and you expect to be treated nice?

as long as there was no vulger language around old folks or little kids im cool with it.  or no throwing objects or phyiscal violence.

but lets face it...in the world of College Football Message Boards it is AUTOMATIC for the losing road team to complain about the Home fans.  it happens on EVERY message board across the country.  don't believe me...pick a game today....any game....

if the road team loses, wait till tomorrow or the next day and go read their board.  you will see all kinds of "i have never been treated worse in my life"  "their fans are the worst in the country"  etc.

part of it...the fans just dropped a big amount of money to travel to the game, they lost, and they have nothing else to complain about.

(note:  pick a game where there isnt some huge uproar over a penalty call or challanged play or something like that because that would take their focus off of the fans because they would have something else to complain about)

If i didn't see at least a dozen difference incidents with my own eyes after the game i wouldn't have made this thread.

• Content Count:  12,293

there's always going to be scattered ********.

all we can do individually is try to be classy so the visitors who had good experiences can provide a counterbalance to the ones who were treated poorly.

everyone make an effort to do your part!

yep,  we specifically had an older kansas couple in our section (husband and wife probably in their mid 60s) and the wife said to us...."you all have been so nice, i am impressed"

but yea, i agree that we do not have enough usf FOOTBALL fans yet.  we have people who come to game because its on tv or the atmosphere, or to look at college girls, and to get drunk but don't really care about the game.

10 years from now when someone really has to go out of their way (either be a season ticket holder or buy tickets months in advance) we will see a huge downturn in this behavior.

when going to a USF football game is seen as a privilege then fan behavior will improve.  until th en....do what bully said.  be even a better sport then you might normally be just because you know that there will be jackasses around.

• Content Count:  12,293

If i didn't see at least a dozen difference incidents with my own eyes after the game i wouldn't have made this thread.

i'm not saying it didn't happen.  i'm just saying that fans complain about the other teams fans all over the country.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I always walk over to the student section and go out of that gate. Twice our students started a "f*** you kansas" chant.

Luckily, people know it's classless, with no voice, I got a "U-S-F" chant going over it, and people around me joined in to get it stopped.

I don't understand why people can't celebrate our team rather than taking shots at the other team. I did shake hands with a couple of KU fans and thanked them for coming. It's going to take a while, but as more and more of us on here try to make it right, hopefully it will get better.

...on the subject, did anyone see the fight in 131 between our own fans? Ridiculous.

• Content Count:  1,911

The FU KU chant was going on before the game, when the pee-wee cheerleaders and football players were standing in that corner. Pretty tasteless.

• Content Count:  2,118

yeah, i saw that fight and couldn't believe it. Come on guys, we're cheering for the same team.

I walked out through Gate C ... where most of the visiting fans from the upper and lower decks were walking out and did not hear anything negative... it was CROWDED for sure, taking quite a long time to get out of the stadium... but it seemed that most of our fans walking out that way were respectful.

Saw one USF fan talking smack to a kid in an Emmitt Smith Gator jersey.

Archived