• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mad props to special teams tonight. 100% improvement

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

punt returning was pedestrian.  The best thing that can be said about edwards as a punt returner is that he doesn't drop the ball and usually fields it cleanly.  He poses absolutely no threat to score or gain big yards.  Too much dancing around with lots of green field in front of him.  I normally hate to be negative after a nice win, but it was driving me crazy all game long.

The rest of the special teams played great.  The field goals were obviously huge.

• Content Count:  2,277

Special teams played great but... kickoff/punt returns are horrible.  We need a lot of work in that area.

• Content Count:  3,574

Well, yes, I agree... BUT

1. We need to stay onside when we kick.  Wow, how many of those did we have?

2. We need to stop dancing during returns (TJ comes to mind... run, TJ!)

• Content Count:  2,523

I'll take small returns in return for sure hands and no turnovers ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  I'd rather have a guy who can fair catch all those without problems than a guy who muffs them or lets them hit and they roll another 20 yards.  People under appreciate a guy like him.

However, HOW THE HELL ARE YOU OFFSIDES ON KICKOFFS WHEN YOU ARE AS FAST AS OUR GUYS WHEN CHANCES ARE TEACHEY IS GOING TO GET YOU A TOUCHBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, that was driving me nuts...

The best part?  USF played mistake free ball for the most part.  Yes there were some mistakes, but no HUGE ones like Ints, fumbles, personal fouls etc.

I must say, we've gotten MUCH IMPROVED in the area of penalties.  The lack of personal fouls by us is actually weird as we are winning the position battle and alot of it has to do with us being positive in the penalty column by a wide margin each game.

Very excited after watching this game though we won by 3...

Archived