• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, I admit I'm a tad bit nervous...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Last year at WVU game, It had a different feeling than this game.

The players seem to be a little non-chalant about the game.  More of a "going through the steps" rather than seeing each game as a must win.

I think we, on paper, should be a better team this year (ie returning guys, more talent, etc).  But we didn't see that last week in a team ranked around 60.  Now we are playing a team arguably the best team we will face this year.  They were able to go to the orange bowl and win (we know what happened in the sun bowl). 

I just don't have the same vibe about this game as I did for WVU last year..  I hate the fact we are showing up as the favored team. 

Someone please talk me down off of the ledge.....

Tell me I'm missing something.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

The players seem to be a little non-chalant about the game.  More of a "going through the steps" rather than seeing each game as a must win.

I think we, on paper, should be a better team this year (ie returning guys, more talent, etc).  But we didn't see that last week in a team ranked around 60.  Now we are playing a team arguably the best team we will face this year.  They were able to go to the orange bowl and win (we know what happened in the sun bowl). 

I just don't have the same vibe about this game as I did for WVU last year..  I hate the fact we are showing up as the favored team. 

Unlike WVA last year this game is going into OVERTIME-GET READY!

• Content Count:  64

i think you need to grow a couple ____

both teams are ranked. The line is only 3. and we are on TV. i wish every game was like this. the last thing we neede is our guys getting all "hot and bothered" over every semi-tough team we play. it will drain too much emotional energy.

we have to be nice and steady for every game...reguardless of who we are playing

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

with good reason

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It think the UCiF game did us some good.

Typically when we enter the game with more confidence than our opponent, we leave with fewer points.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Honestly I think we lose by 2 TD's. MAn i hope I am wrong.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I'll give it a shot... We return tons of players and are potentially a better team this season.

Let's start with Kansas... They haven't played anybody even notable. It will take time for Kansas to adjust to the speed and intensity of the game. They have two freshman tackles who have never seen anyone like george selvie. Kansas has a soft running game and we always seem to beat teams with a soft running game.

As for usf... The team is jacked... I spoke to a friend on the team last night... He assured me the team is fired up and nobody is more fired up than leavitt. He keeps exclaiming that he would like to "pad up" and get out there. They were all isolated in the hotel thinking about this game and their assignments.

They won't be going thru motions. They experienced an intense game last week and know this could be similar. Selvie has a chip on his shoulder and wants sacks. You know tmac is playing for an NFL career.. You know what he brings.

On offense... We know grothe is a gamer. He will be solid.

If we sustain drives and score tds not field goals and play good special teams... We win this game.

• Content Count:  742

Well it is called experience.

How doe you see this picture?

glass-half-full.jpg

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly I think we lose by 2 TD's. MAn i hope I am wrong.

I thought that after the UCF game.  But  lately I've thought about it more depely looked into KU and think its a toss up.

Archived