• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game day routine... beverage alcohol edition

Guest USF08

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Myself, I'm a beer guy.

Game one, at a family cookout, was a crap ton of Yuengling. It's the most patriotic thing I do, since it is now the largest fully owned and operated American brewery... with a pathetic 1% share of the market. That, the price point and it doesn't make me sick is why I've been drinking it lately. (Usually an American micro-brew guy, but beer prices in NYC are insane)

Game two, at a bar, it was $13 dollar pitchers of Hells Gate. Don't know much about the brand, in fact it was only the second time I had it. Pretty good, but might steer clear after that game hit the fan in the fourth quarter. I need a full game beer.

Last season, when I was actually going to the games, I'd pregame with Cherry Wheat and Newcastle, which I only drank on gamedays. After game one, it became a ritual so that's what I had to do.

My ritual this season, so far, is drinking at least a couple cold ones out of an old school Bulls coozie, cause I'm classy like that.

So, do you have any gameday beers? Beer tics? Are you a liquor person? Are you usually upside down above a keg or do you like to sip a nice Pinot Noir? Been sober for 43 months? Whats your (and your liver's) story with Bulls football?

hey man, im moving back to ny next summer, are there any usf fans that congregate in the city for games? il probably be livin in brooklyn or queens

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

This year is Stella, Miller Lite, Bacardi Mojito for the Boss, Green (tequila) and gold (vodka) jello shots and Ciclon (rum and tequila) for the ice shot glasses.  Our cohorts that join us are experimenting with making margaritas and then adding unflavored gelatin for true margarita shots.  They believe that you can do it with any mixed drink.  So we will try different drinks/shots and see which work out best.  They brought the maragarita shots to our UCF watch party and they were very good.

Well, I haven't found anything up here yet. Nothing on the alumni site and nothing on this site. (since search is disabled I am probably missing something) If something develops between now and then I will let you know on here.

As for now I'm just making friends at the corner bar. Met a Gator fan from St. Pete who knw alot about the Bulls last time. Tonight will probably just be a bunch of Yankoffs. I'm just already excited for next season, trips to UConn, Rutgers and a journey upstate to Syracuse.

If there are any other New Yorkers on here who want to start planning some watch parties, or already know where they are, PM me!

This year is Stella, Miller Lite, Bacardi Mojito for the Boss, Green (tequila) and gold (vodka) jello shots and Ciclon (rum and tequila) for the ice shot glasses.  Our cohorts that join us are experimenting with making margaritas and then adding unflavored gelatin for true margarita shots.  They believe that you can do it with any mixed drink.  So we will try different drinks/shots and see which work out best.  They brought the maragarita shots to our UCF watch party and they were very good.

This combo spells blackout.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

This combo spells blackout.

Try not to do more that 3 or 4 of each.  Usually pretty clear headed by the 2nd quarter  :D

• Content Count:  565

yuengling or bud light lime (its like juice!)

dos Equis would also be a nice choise

Bud Light Lime is actually not too bad, I had a couple of those before the TN-Martin game a few weeks back.

My cheap ass takes the Bull-Runner over to the game, so not a lot of time for tailgating. That and they get sort of touchy when you try to bring a 6-pack onto the bus.

• Content Count:  2,118

Landshark is usually what I bring in my cooler, but if i'm at home watching the game it's landshark with a shot of tequilla in it.

Archived