• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Stinks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Aside from USF, the Big East looks terrible.

Is this just a down year or did the Big East already peak? Thoughts?

let's wait until tonight

if usf loses they are included in stinky big east

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

the teams in exisiting conference need to improve

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

let's wait until tonight

how about i upload my fist on zshare and you download it onto your face, douchebag?

• Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

the big east doesn't have down years, we have up years.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well I hate to drag out the dead horse and start beating it once more, but this is why the Big East needs to expand the size of its Football schools so that it can have a Conference Championship game like the other Conferences because by my observations this seems to shut up the majority of the nay sayers.

Trouble is, we'd be hard pressed to find another one school worthy of picking up, let alone the four it would take to hold a championship game. And that says nothing of the havoc that would wreak for basketball (the conference's real cash cow) and the other sports.

the bloated size of the bball conference is the biggest problem.

if we could add football only schools, i think ECU, FAU or Troy would be good additions.

for a 4th team, we could give Neutered Dame an ultimatum:  join football or GTFO of the bball conference, then replace them with Memphis.

I could not agree more and feel that we could sucker in some FBall only schools and freaking ND needs to **** or get off the pot, bunch of pansies.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Replace a pretigous athletic and academic institute with one of the worst colleges in America (Memphis)...won't happen.

The BE is having a ****** year, and a couple more out of conferences losses will put us well behind the MWC in the sagarin, but lets not forget the last 2 seasons.

• Content Count:  56

UConn is 2-0 and has a chance for a nice win this weekend.  They've got an ACC game this weekend a Big 12 game after that and then they can go down to UNC and beat them.  Believe it or not, they may be the Big East's second best hope for respect this year.

• Content Count:  277

The Big East has 3 wins (USF over UCF, Pitt over Buffalo, UConn over Temple BARELY) over 1-A schools and 8 losses (Bowling Green over Pitt, ECW over WVU, Kentucky over Louisville, Fresno State and UNC over Rutgers, Northwestern and Akron over Syracuse, and Oklahoma over Cincinnati).  All except for the OU over Cincy result look like bad losses for the Big East.  Who knows...over time, maybe ECU, Kentucky, Fresno State and North Carolina play decently enough so those losses don't look so bad.

• Content Count:  1,471

Well I hate to drag out the dead horse and start beating it once more, but this is why the Big East needs to expand the size of its Football schools so that it can have a Conference Championship game like the other Conferences because by my observations this seems to shut up the majority of the nay sayers.

Trouble is, we'd be hard pressed to find another one school worthy of picking up, let alone the four it would take to hold a championship game. And that says nothing of the havoc that would wreak for basketball (the conference's real cash cow) and the other sports.

the bloated size of the bball conference is the biggest problem.

if we could add football only schools, i think ECU, FAU or Troy would be good additions.

for a 4th team, we could give Neutered Dame an ultimatum:  join football or GTFO of the bball conference, then replace them with Memphis.

I could not agree more and feel that we could sucker in some FBall only schools and freaking ND needs to **** or get off the pot, bunch of pansies.

Joining the BE in football would not only hurt Notre Dame's revenue, it would hurt their strength of schedule.. ND will never join

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

let's wait until tonight

Win or lose we are still in the Stinky Big East (so far this year).  Let's hope we win this game, but a loss to a team ranked above you shouldn't be perceived as a total failure.  Now, if we are down by 30 in the middle of the 3rd quarter and Ray Jay is as empty as Rutgers place last night, then we have a problem.  A win, close or otherwise, against Kansas will be a great win.  I am worried about our secondary tonight though.

Archived