• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Students need to grow up

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

What a mess

A scant three weeks into the fall semester, USF officials are saying they've never seen a building sustain as much wear and tear in so short a time as their new $65-million Marshall Student Center.

While most of the damage is unintentional, the USF Oracle reports, building staff members have found gum stuck to the backs of chairs and pencil marks on the walls.

John Curran, vice president of Gould Evans Architecture and head architect of the Marshall Student Center project, said some of the walls may be repainted with a type of fiber-reinforced laminate used in counter tops.

Marshall Student Center director Joe Synovec said he simply would like the students to treat the building with the same respect they would show their own houses.

- Donna Winchester, higher education reporter (Times photo, Ken Helle)

September 08, 2008 in University of South Florida | Permalink

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

everytime i go in there i am in awe. i dont know why any kid would want to tear up a state of art new building especially since we built this place to replace the old torn up crappy marshall center

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Thats a shame. Right now, the MSC is the pride of our campus.

• Content Count:  4,879

sign of the times; me-first, entitlement mentaliity

taze em, bro!

• Content Count:  2,363

Marshall Student Center director Joe Synovec said he simply would like the students to treat the building with the same respect they would show their own houses.

Perhaps therein lies the problem.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Perhaps therein lies the problem.

yup.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I was reading that article today and it's just sad!

the first school I went to was very old but with a lot of renovations and new construction always going on and I can't think of one building that was opened where I ever heard of anything like that happening. Most of the 5 - 10 year old buildings still looked brand new when you walked in. Students and Alumni paid for that building to be built and it sounds like we're going to have to pay a lot more to clean up after the children and keep it nice.

• Content Count:  2,511

Today's kids with their wimpy no discipline parents.  Those helicopter parents are probably swirling around the Marshall Center and complaining how the administration is "mean to their precious little darlings".

What these kids really need was a good spanking growing up.  You color on the wall with crayons?  You get a spanking and then are told to clean up the mess you made on the wall.  You do not fawn over your bratty kid and say it is so cute while you take pictures of crayon "masterpiece" and send it to all your relatives.

• Content Count:  4,879

Today's kids with their wimpy no discipline parents.  Those helicopter parents are probably swirling around the Marshall Center and complaining how the administration is "mean to their precious little darlings".

What these kids really need was a good spanking growing up.  You color on the wall with crayons?  You get a spanking and then are told to clean up the mess you made on the wall.  You do not fawn over your bratty kid and say it is so cute while you take pictures of crayon "masterpiece" and send it to all your relatives.

I am so confused.  I read your post and agreed with every word of it, and then was shocked to see your support for Obama.  I'm glad he has supporters like you who believe in appropriate justice, but I'm still puzzled.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

I am so confused.  I read your post and agreed with every word of it, and then was shocked to see your support for Obama.  I'm glad he has supporters like you who believe in appropriate justice, but I'm still puzzled.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Archived