• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's get behind Rutgers vs Fresno State

79 Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Some of the rankings (Sagarin maybe ?) use Strength of Schedule so it would be better for USF (and the Big East) if Rutgers wins.  It is tough cheering for the other Big East teams, but I do. But I didn't break down and cry when Louisville basically got shut out though. 

Strength of schedule is no longer a part of any of the computer rankings used to determine BSC rankings! They place that determination on the voters now.

Actually, SOS is still part of the computer rankings.  Score differential is not.

Yep, SOS is a big part of the computer rankings that are 1/3 of the BCS rankings.  Also, SOS is high in the minds of the voters in the AP, Coaches and Harris polls.  We've got to cheer on all of our opponents (BE teams first) when they are not playing us.  It's okay to cheer on teams that you hate.  I want UCF, FIU, Kansas and NCS to win their conferences.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Some of the rankings (Sagarin maybe ?) use Strength of Schedule so it would be better for USF (and the Big East) if Rutgers wins.  It is tough cheering for the other Big East teams, but I do. But I didn't break down and cry when Louisville basically got shut out though. 

Strength of schedule is no longer a part of any of the computer rankings used to determine BSC rankings! They place that determination on the voters now.

Actually, SOS is still part of the computer rankings.  Score differential is not.

Yep, SOS is a big part of the computer rankings that are 1/3 of the BCS rankings.  Also, SOS is high in the minds of the voters in the AP, Coaches and Harris polls.  We've got to cheer on all of our opponents (BE teams first) when they are not playing us.  It's okay to cheer on teams that you hate.  I want UCF, FIU, Kansas and NCS to win their conferences.

A BIG PART?! THIS IS BASED ON LAST YEARS ENDING RANKS. TEAMS 1-13 AND THEIR SOS RANK.

#1 Ohio State: 75th

#2 LSU: 57th

#3 Virginia Tech: 52nd

#4 Oklahoma: 66th

#5 Georgia: 44th

#6 Missouri: 38th

#7 USC: 61st

#8 Kansas: 106th

#9 West Virginia: 60th

#10 Hawaii: 119th

#11 Arizona State: 58th

#12 Florida: 41st

#13 Illinois: 54th

Of the top 13 teams, the team with the toughest schedule was not invited to a BCS bowl game.

Mizzou had just the same amount of wins as 5 BCS teams, more wins than 4 BCS teams, and less wins than 1 BCS team. And a tougher schedule than each and every one of them.

Ohio State's schedule was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's still the third worst of the top 13 teams, but not by a huge amount.

Hawaii played the nation's worst schedule. The worst.

Anyone that tries to make a case for Hawaii to be in the national championship game is thicker than Mark Mangino's neck. There are probably 25-30 teams that could run the table playing Hawaii's schedule. Hawaii might have well played 12 high school football teams.

Everyone pushes the SEC as the toughest conference, and it may as well be the toughest conference, but Mizzou has the statistically toughest schedule of any contenders, SEC or otherwise.

The toughest schedule went to Duke, an ACC team...go figure.

ALL I AM SAYING IS IF WE DO OUR JOB EVERYTHING WILL FALL IN PLACE NO MATTER WHAT WHO WE PLAY DOES.

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

All we can do is win and not worry about what the teams on our schedule do. So for that reason F!CK Rutgers. GO Fresno

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Teel looks very solid, hope this one continues to go this way. Hard to pull for RU, but since Fresno has gotten so much attention as a "BCS Buster", I don't feel too bad about it.

Schiano called a TO to run, then goes for it on 4th down? Your QB is looking great, and you run again???

• Content Count:  571

RU is looking nothing like they were last year.

so many blown opportunities at huge plays

• Content Count:  19,229

2 big trick plays by Rutgers, both shot down by Fresno...

a flea flicker for an interception, and a 4th down quick snap on 4th and goal from the 3... stopped for no gain.

• Content Count:  1,378

And gets burned on both.  1st was a goal line quick snap on 4th down on the 3 yard line, but they get stuffed and turn in over on downs.  Then try a 40 yard bomb off a flea flicker, but was intercepted in the endzone.

I was in the bunch that wanted RU to win for the sake of the conference, but after watching the first quarter, I can't bring myself to rout for them, especially with these **** trick plays that sciano is famous for and beat us with.

• Content Count:  849

First drive impression: Rutgers will be like the Dolphins with Marino... all passing, no real running threat.

yeah but that combo kind of matches up with us well

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 big trick plays by Rutgers, both shot down by Fresno...

a flea flicker for an interception, and a 4th down quick snap on 4th and goal from the 3... stopped for no gain.

Yep.

We have SIXTEEN days to prepare for RU this time.

I'm sure Leavitt remembers what happened last year and will give it back to Schiano in Spades.

I'm hoping for some trick plays like we used against Louisville back in '05.

Archived