• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Regular rat snacks would translate into.............

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Eating rats is the best way for rich and poor people to solve the global crisis of rising food prices, an Indian official said Wednesday as he unveiled his plan to put rodents on menus.

Regular rat snacks would translate into fewer rodents eating precious grain stocks -- 50 percent of which are lost in the northeastern state of Bihar every year to the animals, said Vijay Prakash, secretary of the state's welfare department.

"This will help in mitigating the global food crisis. We are sure that it will work wonders," Prakash told AFP. "It will save half our grain, and will also reduce villagers' dependence on food stock."

Prakash's plan promotes consumption of rat meat in homes, street stalls, restaurants and even international five-star hotels.

He said he was also holding talks with prestigious hotels outside India to encourage them to put rat meat on their menus, but admitted his scheme had to overcome public prejudice.

"The only issue is how people react to rat meat, but I think it will not be a problem," he said.

"Some socially deprived people in Bihar have always consumed rat meat. If they can eat rats, why can't the rest of the people?" he said.

Members of the Mushar community and some other impoverished groups have traditionally eaten rats in India.

"Rat meat will make up nutrition deficiencies among villagers, since rats are a major source of protein," Prakash said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080813162159.bj5c5chl&show_article=1

Copyright AFP 2008, AFP stories and photos shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium

• Content Count:  2,363

"Sewer rat could taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know cuz I wouldn't eat the filthy mother ******." -Jules Winfield (Samuel L. Jackson), Pulp Fiction

• Content Count:  2,118

i love that movie. I'm sorry, Did I break your concentration?

• Content Count:  16

I could only assume they taste like chicken...but don't rats carry a lot of diseases?

How would they catch all them buggers, and if they have the ability to, why aren't they doing so already to keep them out of the grain?

And isn't most of India Hindu, and aren't Hindus devout vegetarians?

Sure seems like a lot of work to skin all them little suckers.  I think it will be a while before we start seeing it on the McDonalds dollar menu.  Maybe a workaround would be to grind them up and feed them to our chickens, pigs and cattle to take the pressure off corn prices  :D

Archived