• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

NEW: Pennington a Dolphin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

As a fins fan im thinking between 3-7 wins is what we're looking at.  The secondary is still pretty bad and we lost our only legit game changing pass rusher.  On offense i think the 1-2 of Brown and Ricky will cause defenses to play 8 in the box and Pennington will be able to find open receivers because of all the attention to the running game.  We we're in quite a few games all the way to the end that we ended up losing at by a td or less and i can't help that think that a capable QB could have got us a couple more W's.  Also im pretty exicted about Henne and i think a smart QB like Pennington is a perfect tutor since all of his success has come due to reading defenses and making good decisions rather than just from being an athletic stud.  Henne has all the tools physically and Chad should be able to help him learn how to be a QB mentally at the NFL level. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Pennington is NOT the difference maker... just ask NY Jet fans.

He's a huge upgrade from the **** storm we had at QB last year. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that doesn't translate to 83's 9 or 10 win prediction...  there were plenty more problems other than QB. I could see 4 or 5 wins at best.

that doesn't translate to 83's 9 or 10 win prediction...  there were plenty more problems other than QB. I could see 4 or 5 wins at best.

yeah his expectations are wayyyyyy high IMO.  Read my post if you want to see where i think we will be.  Pennington wont be taking us to the playoffs in hes tenure in Miami but he will contribute a ton to the future of the franchise and be a good stop gap.   

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

9-7 or 10-6

I like your optimism, but, realistically I see a 4-12 season. Our secondary is putrid! This year will be taken as an audition year for both Henne and Beck to see who rises to the top after Penington is done with the Phins.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

As a Jets fan I just know that Pennington is going to throw for over 300 yds and 4 TDs in the opener.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,369
  • Days Won:  13

honestly I think we will win anywhere between 6 and 10 games. Im uessing 7-9 or 8-8. The team will be better than people think, and we play a last place teams sch. Ricky looked like a beast and we have a very acurate QB. The D will be okay if jason Allen shows something. I dont dislike Will Allen, Y. Bell, J. Allen and Daniels in the secondary. Joey Porter will do well in the new D. This team is looking like it is going in the right direction. I was happy with what I saw in the Bucs game.

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins.  Pennington is a lot better that what they had last season.  Playing a last place schedule doesn't guarantee wins because in the NFL you never know who (with a few exceptions) is gonna be good from year to year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,369
  • Days Won:  13

I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins.  Pennington is a lot better that what they had last season.  Playing a last place schedule doesn't guarantee wins because in the NFL you never know who (with a few exceptions) is gonna be good from year to year.

6 or 7 wins would be acceptable.

Archived