• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PLEASE PLEASE Open Lots Earlier

Who would be in favor of Pre paying for a Parking Pass to Mall Lots  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I <3 Dogwater Cafe!

My work is only about 2 minutes from RayJay...you guys can tailgate in our parking lot, heh

I'm staring out my office window at RayJay.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

I <3 Dogwater Cafe!

My work is only about 2 minutes from RayJay...you guys can tailgate in our parking lot, heh

prove it

• Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

I would be all for Pre-Paying for a Parking Tag.  I like to get out really early to get the SMoker going and get all the Tailgating Stuff Set up.  I am even willing to pay extra just to get in early.  Four hours to Tailgate is a Joke.  We need to get something worked out .  The people who usually get "HAMMERED" are the ones that show up a hour or two before the game and just pound the Drinks. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

I almost feel guilty with how good we have it for tailgating -- arrive whenever we want, stay as long as we want, grass to park on instead of asphalt, an abundance of shade trees, multiple real plumbing bathrooms, electricity, wifi, easy access in and out, and no parking lot nazis to deal with.

but I'm sure the mall lot is fun

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I almost feel guilty with how good we have it for tailgating -- arrive whenever we want, stay as long as we want, grass to park on instead of asphalt, an abundance of shade trees, multiple real plumbing bathrooms, electricity.

but I'm sure the mall lot is fun

The mall lot is like Bush league student parking.  I love it.  Been tailgating there for 5 seasons now.  I can't leave.

The best part about it is that you can reserve spots and take up a good amount of space.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I <3 Dogwater Cafe!

prove it

Well, the building angle is bad to take a picture but I think that proves my point!  I really have a better view of the training facilities and that fabulous grass covered tree lined parking lot with facilities...

• Content Count:  384

The Mall Lot is deff a Blast.  Been in the same spot since 2000.  Mike G where are you setting up at??

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I am all about the mall lot........I try to get there as early as possible to get a Himes Ave front row spot.  Seems to be kind of a lawless territory regarding parking, throwing the football, etc.  I never thought I'd say it, but I actually like tailgating on the concrete better than the grass.  Much less dirt, and you never have to worry about ants and/or the grass not being mowed.  Not to mention some great people watching for us a little bit older alumni!

• Content Count:  1,757

I thiink the 5 hours will be much better than the old 3... tailgating is okay in 3 if you don't plan on bbq'ing... with the 3 hour limit, it was a scramble to set up, cook, eat and cleanup... by the time we were ready to break down, the band was allready on the field.  This usually limited us to picnic-style tailgates with cold-cuts, etc.  Now the 5 hour window will give me enough time to cook and the grille to cool off before putting it back in the truck.

If the games were played at noon or earlier, it'd be nice to have the overnight experience.  However, with the 7pm kickoffs, 5 hours should be enough for our crew.     

Off topic, but anyone know how to adjust the gas regulator and valve for a Weber mini-grille (with LPG conversion kit).  We have one that we "borrowed" from a friend, but it doesn't get hot enough to cook and the flame looks pathetic out of the burner.  I've taken apart the valve, but it doesn't really appear adjustable.  I'm going to blow down the burner with the air compressor, but it doesn't appear clogged... any advice?  I 'm not a charcoal fan, but with the 5 hour window that might be our best bet...   

Real men use charcoal.

That is all.   ;D

Coal is for mountainqueers and inbred hillbillies from the backwoods of Appalachia...

Any red-blooded American uses propane. 

I'll take temperature control anyday, the best flavor comes from burning fat/grease! 

Archived