• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PLEASE PLEASE Open Lots Earlier

Who would be in favor of Pre paying for a Parking Pass to Mall Lots  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

The mall lots dont get locked up.  Get there as early as you want.  Half the times if you get there before they charge you don't pay.  The other half they come around and collect.

That's definitely how it used to be.  Hopefully that will be the case come 8/30.

you never know-- last year was more or less a transition year for that lot and now it is basically part of the general RJS lots, no longer affiliated with the mall. They might tighten down on it. The odd thing is that there i a bus terminal inside the lot-- so who knows how it will be handled. Every year it is a crapshoot

Well if we get out there and it's locked down, we'll be tailgating at Dogwater till 2!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you enter the Mall from Himes, that entrance is where the HARTline buses enter - so it's never blocked. The entrances on MLK can be blocked.

This wouldn't be an issue if parking was free, like it is on most college campuses.  If there is no need to pay attendants to collect money, then it doesn't cost any more to allow parking earlier. 

Finally, while our tailgating may be shorter, we are also one of the few major programs in the country with so much parking available so close to the stadium.  Many programs have sporadic parking, requiring fans to walk blocks or as far as a mile to get to the stadium.

Oh, and in case anyone was interested, the Hurricanes only get 4 hours before kickoff.

• Content Count:  9,038

I <3 Dogwater Cafe!

My work is only about 2 minutes from RayJay...you guys can tailgate in our parking lot, heh

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The mall lots dont get locked up.  Get there as early as you want.  Half the times if you get there before they charge you don't pay.  The other half they come around and collect.

That's definitely how it used to be.  Hopefully that will be the case come 8/30.

you never know-- last year was more or less a transition year for that lot and now it is basically part of the general RJS lots, no longer affiliated with the mall. They might tighten down on it. The odd thing is that there i a bus terminal inside the lot-- so who knows how it will be handled. Every year it is a crapshoot

Well if we get out there and it's locked down, we'll be tailgating at Dogwater till 2!

I'll just park along the barricade and get drunk and ask an attendent to move my car.  I usually get to the lots 8-9 hours prior to the game.

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The mall lots dont get locked up.  Get there as early as you want.  Half the times if you get there before they charge you don't pay.  The other half they come around and collect.

They do have signs posted about trespassing, so if you want to push the issue, old Malcolm Glazer might call the cops (when he is not too busy soiling himself in his Depends) and clear out the parking lot of early birds.

Most trespassing is only a misdemeanor, but it is still **** annoying to miss the game while sitting in Orient Road Jail because you had to get your drink on early.

• Content Count:  1,378

They used to only open the lots 3 hours prior to game time.  The 5 hours is a recent move. 

NCSU opens their lots 5 hours prior to kickoff, as do a lot of big programs.  Most universities want to limit the time people spend getting drunk out in their parking lots. 

• Content Count:  1,378

With the increase in fan base can we please please please open the lots more than 5hrs before the game, we got to be one of the biggest programs with shortest amount of tailgate time. If the demand is there Athletics gotta please!!!!!!!

The increase in fan base, isn't a reason to open the lots earlier.  It is a reason not to.  Most die hards bulls fans have been coming for years and are just fine with the 3-5 hours.  It's the bandwagoners, that don't have any real affiliation, that come out and cause problems.  I saw more fights in the stands last year then I did in the previous 10 seasons combined.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I thiink the 5 hours will be much better than the old 3... tailgating is okay in 3 if you don't plan on bbq'ing... with the 3 hour limit, it was a scramble to set up, cook, eat and cleanup... by the time we were ready to break down, the band was allready on the field.  This usually limited us to picnic-style tailgates with cold-cuts, etc.  Now the 5 hour window will give me enough time to cook and the grille to cool off before putting it back in the truck.

If the games were played at noon or earlier, it'd be nice to have the overnight experience.  However, with the 7pm kickoffs, 5 hours should be enough for our crew.   

Off topic, but anyone know how to adjust the gas regulator and valve for a Weber mini-grille (with LPG conversion kit).  We have one that we "borrowed" from a friend, but it doesn't get hot enough to cook and the flame looks pathetic out of the burner.  I've taken apart the valve, but it doesn't really appear adjustable.  I'm going to blow down the burner with the air compressor, but it doesn't appear clogged... any advice?  I 'm not a charcoal fan, but with the 5 hour window that might be our best bet...   

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I thiink the 5 hours will be much better than the old 3... tailgating is okay in 3 if you don't plan on bbq'ing... with the 3 hour limit, it was a scramble to set up, cook, eat and cleanup... by the time we were ready to break down, the band was allready on the field.  This usually limited us to picnic-style tailgates with cold-cuts, etc.  Now the 5 hour window will give me enough time to cook and the grille to cool off before putting it back in the truck.

If the games were played at noon or earlier, it'd be nice to have the overnight experience.  However, with the 7pm kickoffs, 5 hours should be enough for our crew.   

Off topic, but anyone know how to adjust the gas regulator and valve for a Weber mini-grille (with LPG conversion kit).  We have one that we "borrowed" from a friend, but it doesn't get hot enough to cook and the flame looks pathetic out of the burner.  I've taken apart the valve, but it doesn't really appear adjustable.  I'm going to blow down the burner with the air compressor, but it doesn't appear clogged... any advice?  I 'm not a charcoal fan, but with the 5 hour window that might be our best bet...   

Real men use charcoal.

That is all.  ;D

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Real men use charcoal.

That is all.   ;D

cosign

Archived