• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PLEASE PLEASE Open Lots Earlier

Who would be in favor of Pre paying for a Parking Pass to Mall Lots  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

With the increase in fan base can we please please please open the lots more than 5hrs before the game, we got to be one of the biggest programs with shortest amount of tailgate time. If the demand is there Athletics gotta please!!!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  377

I'd be there 12 hours before game time if it were socially acceptable in Tampa!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

I'd be there 12 hours before game time if it were socially acceptable in Tampa!

I know a place

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't they restrict how early you can get into the mall lots last year for the first time?  I was wanting to get out there and get the dish set up so we could watch Gameday and all the games up until kickoff for the opener.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

if I recall correctly there were some people that had their buses and RVs in the lot the night before the game last year in West Virginia, if that's the case I wouldn't call that a restriction

just a thought but I don't think it's USF that controls when lots open, I think in the end it's someone elses call. Not saying USF wouldn't be able to negotiate or press them to try to get them open sooner but I don't think they have the final say

if I recall correctly there were some people that had their buses and RVs in the lot the night before the game last year in West Virginia, if that's the case I wouldn't call that a restriction

just a thought but I don't think it's USF that controls when lots open, I think in the end it's someone elses call. Not saying USF wouldn't be able to negotiate or press them to try to get them open sooner but I don't think they have the final say

The TSA controls the staff working the parking lots. But USF has the ability to pay for extra man hours to open lots earlier. It might be cost prohibitive so short of creating one pricier lot that opens early and passing the cost on to the folks who want to be early birds-- can't see how to justify it.

This is one area where an OCS would add a flexible control that aids fans. Not to open that can of worms of course.....

I do remember at least one game that we were talking w/ some folks that tried to park the SAE bus out there the night before and they wouldn't let them.  Can't remember which game it was though.  They actually had an attendant out there all night to stop people from camping in the mall lot.  I just don't want to get all our crap packed up at 11am on 8/30 only to get down there and be told that we can't get in until 2 or 3pm.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The mall lots dont get locked up.  Get there as early as you want.  Half the times if you get there before they charge you don't pay.  The other half they come around and collect.

The mall lots dont get locked up.  Get there as early as you want.  Half the times if you get there before they charge you don't pay.  The other half they come around and collect.

That's definitely how it used to be.  Hopefully that will be the case come 8/30.

The mall lots dont get locked up.  Get there as early as you want.  Half the times if you get there before they charge you don't pay.  The other half they come around and collect.

That's definitely how it used to be.  Hopefully that will be the case come 8/30.

you never know-- last year was more or less a transition year for that lot and now it is basically part of the general RJS lots, no longer affiliated with the mall. They might tighten down on it. The odd thing is that there i a bus terminal inside the lot-- so who knows how it will be handled. Every year it is a crapshoot

Archived