• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers sold out; Syracuse to sellout?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

Rutgers sold out; Syracuse to sellout?

By BRIAN LEWIS

With the best time of year right around the corner _ as college football camps throughout the country kick off _ here are a couple of little Big East tidbits to get you in the right gridiron frame of mind.

Rutgers has sold out all seven of its home games this year, running its sellout streak to a school-record 17 straight games. It's not quite Nebraska standards, but it's a pretty clear indication of how much progress the program is making.

On the other side of the spectrum is Syracuse, a former league power who could be giving sellout a different meaning. The struggling Orange are reportedly considering a series with Notre Dame that is similar to the insulting one UConn capitulated to, and the one RU rejected.

The Post-Standard reports Syracuse would play the Irish ten times, but here’s the rub: Five times in South Bend, and five “home’’ games in East Rutherford. For those of you that haven’t made that trek, it’s about four hours _ over 240 miles _ from the Carrier Dome. Home game.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/archives/2008/08/rutgers_sold_ou.html

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wow!

Cuse has really fallen far.

10 years of that crap!!!

I'd be completely happy with USF pulling a 2 year deal like that.  Hell I'm happy with our 1 away game!

But 10 years of that is pathetic.  What does Cuse gain?  Will it really help them recruit?

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

how many sellouts for usf so far for this year

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not too worried.  We'll get there.

We'll have a few sold out.  I think it's a pretty good accomplishment to know we've got atleast 25k season tickets + 12.5k students + band as our base ticket numbers.  The lower bowl will be sold out all year.  That's equivalent to a rutgers stadium sellouts.

I think we'll far surpass Rutgers in tickets sold this year.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

A lil harder when we have 20,000 plus more seats than they do. Otherwise, we'd be there

• Content Count:  209

We'll have a few sold out.  I think it's a pretty good accomplishment to know we've got atleast 25k season tickets + 12.5k students + band as our base ticket numbers.  The lower bowl will be sold out all year.  That's equivalent to a rutgers stadium sellouts.

until last year USF best average for home attendance was 31K ('06).  Next year RU will add 12K (stadium expansion) to the season ticket base that is 27K now.  student tickets will go from 10K now to 12K next year.  That will leave 4K for vistors and about 1/2K for single game tickets and that's about what it is now for vistors and single game.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We have about 20,000+ more seats than Rutgers has, so it's a little longer road to sell it out. We'll get there though.

• Content Count:  3,574

until last year USF best average for home attendance was 31K ('06).  Next year RU will add 12K (stadium expansion) to the season ticket base that is 27K now.  student tickets will go from 10K now to 12K next year.  That will leave 4K for vistors and about 1/2K for single game tickets and that's about what it is now for vistors and single game.

It was actually 2005.  The average was 38k with home games against FAMU, WVU, UL, and UCF.

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Wow, they sold 41,000 seats congratulations Rutgers. 

• Content Count:  4,879

USF would be sold out if stadium capacity were only 45K.

Archived