• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Favre to the Jets

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

from espn.com:

Favre Traded To Jets

Brett Favre was reportedly traded to the New York Jets on Wednesday night. The Jets send a draft pick to Green Bay for the future Hall of Fame quarterback, who severed ties with the Packers on Tuesday.

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

reported by Mark Schlereth on espn.

SUPERBOWL!!!

Hahaha

Jets would be lucky to get the 6th playoff spot.

This is freaking hilarious.  Favre goes to the place he least wanted.  Nice way to end a career - with a crappy team.  Should of taken the 20 mill to relax.

But I guess Allen pulled a Friedman and lowballed the packers.  Now the bucs have a pissed off Garcia as the QB, nice.

Jets had everything but a QB, now they have a HOFer.  Him behind that OL will be insane.

Way better situation than the Bucs.

• Content Count:  407

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

not sure how I feel about this. Got a couple of texts the second they started reporting it.

Favre was one of my favorite players for a long time and I'm a diehard Jets fan (what can I say...I like Green when it comes to football) but I just don't know how I feel about this...that alone makes me weary

• Content Count:  883

Unbelievable how the papers keep getting all these trades wrong. That's the 2nd time in a week they said a big time player was coming to one of our teams and it didn't happen. I guess they don't check facts anymore before they print them. WTF?  Why even bother looking at the papers or their sites?

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Because the papers are trying to "scoop" each other. That's when small-time reporters like Ira Kaufman end up out on the ledge, swearing to anyone who will listen that Favre will end up in Tampa. Then the deal doesn't happen and he looks like a total idiot.

Personally I think the Packers tried to stick it to Favre in the end. It sounds like they took less from the Jets than what the Bucs offered, just so they wouldn't have to deal with him playing for another NFC team. And also the Jets are not as good as the Bucs, offseason improvements be damned.

not sure how I feel about this. Got a couple of texts the second they started reporting it.

Favre was one of my favorite players for a long time and I'm a diehard Jets fan (what can I say...I like Green when it comes to football) but I just don't know how I feel about this...that alone makes me weary

If you are a diehard Jets fan what dont you like about it?  Chad wasnt gonna cut it after all the injuries.  Clemens seemed like a career backup.  We got Favre!

If we dont make the playoffs we only give a 3rd rd pick.  Platoffs 2nd and SB 1st. 

If Steve Young likes it, I like it.

Archived