• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Douglas likes Sweetbay

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

August 06, 2008

So you're saying there's a chance, Part II

Remember last fall when Jim Leavitt was asked if there was any chance then-No. 4 quarterback Alton Voss would play if the Bulls encountered injuries? He said he would "go through eight people before we'd go to Voss" -- and it really wasn't even that kind. Anyway, I had flashbacks to that Wednesday morning.

Newspaper reporters covering USF are always checking up on kids from their area, so it was well-intended when Sarasota's Alan Dell asked defensive backs coach Troy Douglas about the team's newest walk-on, safety Mistral Raymond, who's from Palmetto, down near Bradenton/Sarasota. Dell asked if Raymond, a junior college transfer, would have any opportunity to play in what is a deep, experienced secondary. Said Douglas:

"I'll tell you what. No, I'm not going to say what I was going to say. He's a long way behind because he wasn't here this summer. But if he's in the game, there's a Sweetbay supermarket. I'm going to go over to that Sweetbay, get me some chips and a big old diet Mountain Dew or something, go home and watch another game on TV, because that means that one's over. Alright?"

Ouch.

August 06, 2008 | Permalink

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/08/so-youre-saying.html

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Nice, don't know if the player in question would find it as humorous, but I find it hilarious!

He must have been talking about the UCF game.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for him.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I hope you don't strain your eyes.  ;)

S Mistral Raymond (6-1 1/2, 179; Ellsworth CC, Iowa) -Forty: 4.64, Shuttle: 4.27, Vertical: 39.7

Archived