• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fox Sports Fan Blog: Top 10 Teams That Could Surprise

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

College Football Preview 2008 : 10 Teams That Could Surprise

Less than 4 weeks till the kickoff of the 2008 season, and the hype is just beginning.  Many teams have started their fall camps this week, and EVERY fan has huge expectations for their team(s) at hand.

Can we stay on top?  Can we get better?  Who will be the guys that step up?  Who will fall on their face?

The eternal questions entering any College Football season.  In this post I'll take a peek at the 10 teams I believe that could step up and surprise........and may even.... win it all?

3.  South Florida: I'll put it to you this way; you SHOULD NOT be surprised if South Florida is undefeated heading to Morgantown, WV on December 6th.  The toughest games facing USF before then?  Kansas at home, Pittsburgh at home, @ Louisville, and Rutgers at home.  South Florida will likely be favored in every contest before they travel to West Virginia.  Throw in 17 returning starters and one of the best defenses you give absolutely no credit to, and the Bulls SHOULD be absolutely no surprise.  But they will be.  Most pre-season polls don't have them ranked in their top 20.  George Selvie is a stud on defense, and Matt Grothe and Mike Ford should be formiddable on offense.  This offense could average more than 40 points this year, and the defense could give up less than 20.  That is a pretty good recipe for success.  Throw in a very unheralded coach in Jim Leavitt, and the Bulls are a force to be reckoned with in 2008.

Link...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Did this guy write this article last year?

His analysis on how unknown and unranked we are is a bit off.

• Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

3.  South Florida: I'll put it to you this way; you SHOULD NOT be surprised if South Florida is undefeated heading to Morgantown, WV on December 6th.  The toughest games facing USF before then?[glow=red,2,300] Kansas at home, Pittsburgh at home, @ Louisville, and Rutgers at home.[/glow]  South Florida will likely be favored in every contest before they travel to West Virginia.  Throw in 17 returning starters and one of the best defenses you give absolutely no credit to, and the Bulls SHOULD be absolutely no surprise.  But they will be.  Most pre-season polls don't have them ranked in their top 20.  George Selvie is a stud on defense, and Matt Grothe and Mike Ford should be formiddable on offense.  This offense could average more than 40 points this year, and the defense could give up less than 20.  That is a pretty good recipe for success.  Throw in a very unheralded coach in Jim Leavitt, and the Bulls are a force to be reckoned with in 2008.

The toughest games facing USF before WVU?  I disagree.  I think Cinicinatti will be a tougher contest than any of these.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

He was saying that jokiingly. He even says we will be favored in all games except WVU. In reality we all know that the games are harder then they appear esp. the cinci game.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

His #1 surprise team is the criminoles? I beg to differ....they will have another .500 year if that.

• Content Count:  2,478

lol they are a 99 defense in ncaa 09..how stupid is that

I was seriously like WTF>@>!>!???!?!?!?!? When I saw that. They were decent on defense but not that good.

• Content Count:  2,461

unheralded? dude can have any coaching job he wants.

• Content Count:  765

It is funny to see us sandwiched between Auburn and Oregon on that list.    ;D

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

unheralded? dude can have any coaching job he wants.

not to take anything away from CJL, but I think Pete Caroll, Les Miles, Mack Brown, Urban Meyer, Jim Tressel, etc. would beg to differ.

Archived