• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Clean" program allows arrested vandal Kay back on team...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-cbeat0408aug04,0,2619002.story

"Sophomore fullback Ricky Kay, who was suspended following an arrest for damage to campus property, was approved for a pre-trial diversion program last week. The charges against him should be dropped once he completes the program. Kay was reinstated on the team and is scheduled to participate in all fall camp activities."

In the past, UCF fans would be giving Leavitt hell if he ever did anything like this, saying that Kay "just needed a hug" and that the program is riddled with thugs.

Given Phillip Smith's termination, Kay's arrest and subsequent reinstatement, Marshall's 3-game suspension by the NFL, and a squeaky-clean off-season by USF's focused football team... looks like UCF is running the "Thug Program" now.  Congrats, guys!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

your right but I won't get into how hypocritical they are

• Content Count:  2,239

The diversion program is a legal thing and not UCF Athletics.  Once it's finished, he's legally clean.  At that point, UCF has no reason to keep him suspended since he was while the legal system did its thing.  It's not like like our one time friend Brian Fisher who did not get a clean legal slate.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Ron Ellis got a clean slate with all charges dismissed... what happened to him?

• Content Count:  5,241

I missed anyone posting on Florida allowing the AK47 o lineman back on the team. Now thats a problem!

It is very possible that Ellis did other things that put him on thin ice.  He IS from the Krusuck era.

• Content Count:  573

As far as I'm concerned I don't care that he was reinstated after the pre trial intervention, I believe in second chances.  I'm just commenting that most at UCF would be all over us on this and calling us "Thug U" if it had happened at USF. 

• Content Count:  1,260

Wow...they are such a renegade program. Simply out of control.... ::)  :D

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

As far as I'm concerned I don't care that he was reinstated after the pre trial intervention, I believe in second chances.  I'm just commenting that most at UCF would be all over us on this and calling us "Thug U" if it had happened at USF. 

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Every football coach believes in giving player's second chances.  O'leary probably did the right thing, if the kid continues to screw up or become a distraction then he is gone.  It isn't anything against O'Leary or Leavitt, it is the insane UCF fans who run this "well I hope all the success is worth the risk" kind of garbage.  Both teams have quality character players and both teams have trouble makers. 

The part that is kind of funny/sad is that UCF fans talk about our "renegade" program to each other so much they start to believe it is true.

While I knew the karma bug could strike, I guess you could call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Some commented so much on it, bad apples started showing up.

Archived