• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlton Sinclair

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i know ChaCha is on the roster...  but i've been wondering myself exactly what his situation will be in terms of playing.

is he a freshman?  will/can he be redshirted?

it makes no sense to put him in at safety when that position is LOADED with Allen, Williams, Verpaele and Gachette.

You do realize that Williams, Verpaele, and Gachette are all seniors?  The point is we're going to need some pretty good safeties to fill in for their loss next season.  I kinda would like ChaCha around to learn, get his feet wet, so in 2009 he'll be ready to fill those big shoes left by those three.

ahh good point.

Quavon Taylor

i'm excited about this guy.  his hilite videos were outrageous.  kid hits like a brick.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Quavon Taylor

i'm excited about this guy.  his hilite videos were outrageous.  kid hits like a brick.

I agree, he's a 'when' not an 'if', and what position will it be at?  Will he be a smallish but ultra fast OLB, or do they use him as the crunch at SS!?!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Quavon Taylor

I agree, he's a 'when' not an 'if', and what position will it be at?  Will he be a smallish but ultra fast OLB, or do they use him as the crunch at SS!?!

I can see him being a more athletic Steve Atwater type of player at SS.  Hes one of my favorite kids from last years class because he was a playmaker playing in the ultra competive miami dade area but flew under the radar due to playing along side Spence.  He had a monster game in the state championship last year. 

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Quavon Taylor

I can see him being a more athletic Steve Atwater type of player at SS.  Hes one of my favorite kids from last years class because he was a playmaker playing in the ultra competive miami dade area but flew under the radar due to playing along side Spence.  He had a monster game in the state championship last year. 

That would be great if he could be that.  You've heard me talking all off-season that last year we were not physical enough at the SS position.  I hope Carlton steps it up there, but I do hope and believe Taylor could be that type of player you're describing.  His quickness is makes him capable of playing the SS position.

i hope to see Quavon at SS, laying the lumber on opposing teams' receivers.

he has the size and speed of a SS, but the strength, hit power and tackling ability of a linebacker.

i have a feeling he's going to scare a lot of teams once he gets into heavy rotation.

a 2010 defensive backfield of Nate and Quavon would be ridiculously sick... too fast, plus that neck snapping hit power to boot.

Nate won't be here in 2010... heck, he might not even be here in 2009.  Already noted as one of the best safeties in the country, hard to turn down the chance to go pro if he'll be drafted in the early rounds.

Of course, Mike Jenkins should be a model for any of our players... go early, and get drafted in the mid to late rounds... stay another year and become a first round draft pick.

Archived