• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlton Sinclair

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Whats the latest with Sinclair? I know he was a big recruit out of Jacksonville. Any chance he gets to come in a play safety this year?

• Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

i know ChaCha is on the roster...  but i've been wondering myself exactly what his situation will be in terms of playing.

is he a freshman?  will/can he be redshirted?

it makes no sense to put him in at safety when that position is LOADED with Allen, Williams, Verpaele and Gachette.

• Content Count:  172

Sinclair will be a true freshmen and eligible to be red shirted this season. My hope is he gets into the games on special teams and maybe even some game action on defense. We have a bunch of additional defensive backs coming in this years recruiting class. Keep in mind that three of our safeties are seniors, and one is a junior that may have the option of leaving early for the NFL. We will need young players with actual game experience, instead of being true green first time starters. I hope to see Sinclair and Jerrel Young in games this fall getting ready for next season. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  4,016

i know ChaCha is on the roster...  but i've been wondering myself exactly what his situation will be in terms of playing.

it makes no sense to put him in at safety when that position is LOADED with Allen, Williams, Verpaele and Gachette.

You do realize that Williams, Verpaele, and Gachette are all seniors?  The point is we're going to need some pretty good safeties to fill in for their loss next season.  I kinda would like ChaCha around to learn, get his feet wet, so in 2009 he'll be ready to fill those big shoes left by those three.

You do realize that Williams, Verpaele, and Gachette are all seniors?  The point is we're going to need some pretty good safeties to fill in for their loss next season.  I kinda would like ChaCha around to learn, get his feet wet, so in 2009 he'll be ready to fill those big shoes left by those three.

Add to that list Allen is being named one of the best safeties in the country... it's possible he could opt for the NFL next spring if he has a 2008 like his 2007 and remains on people's lists of best safeties...

Our 2009 safety position could be really young...

• Content Count:  1,479

Sinclair has been at USF since January, I had a class w/ him in the spring semester. I didnt get a chance to talk to him alot, but he said at one point he was working as the second team safety during spring practice.

• Content Count:  1,777

I agree Sinclair needs to see the field in 2008 along with Quavon Taylor and Jerrell Young because of the apparent and potential churn at the safety positions.

I agree Sinclair needs to see the field in 2008 along with Quavon Taylor and Jerrell Young because of the apparent and potential churn at the safety positions.

Nice call on Jerrell Young.  I had been talking that kid up since before USF initially signed after watching him play a HS game and do just about everything where he ran for over 120 yards on like 15 carries, caught like 3 balls for 50 yards, and a TD, and had two INT's and returned KO's.  He was sick in that game, and someone close to Pinellas County football had said he was one of the best athletes to come out of the county in a while.  Another one of those, 'don't trust the stars kids', as we're talking about a kid that's a full 6-1, maybe slightly taller, and athletic enough to play corner but could be a bigtime safety.  Pinellas has so many great athletes that are overlooked because overall, particularly in south pinellas, the football and coaching is average, and many have grade issues.  But if you get one in, get them eligible, and coach-em up....well DeAndrew Rubin, Blackwell, Glen Davis.....the list goes on, and on, and on.

• Content Count:  1,797

I thought the issue with Cha-Cha was speed.  That he has LB speed, but SS size.  Someone mentioned that he is a bit of a tweener.  Think Sam Miller.  I still think he is a gamer and could play special teams for sure and in some defensive alignments a kind of rover-like role.

Normal

I thought the issue with Cha-Cha was speed.  That he has LB speed, but SS size.  Someone mentioned that he is a bit of a tweener.  Think Sam Miller.  I still think he is a gamer and could play special teams for sure and in some defensive alignments a kind of rover-like role.

Normal

Someone had told me he needed to work on speed, but never said he wasn't fast enough for SS.  I think it's way to early to declare him to slow, he just came in this spring and hadn't really been working out for 14 months (really working out).  It's kinda like when Ford walked onto campus last spring and ran around a 4.8ish.  The 19 month lay-off had shown, and now I hear he's sub 4.6 again, much more respectable for a guy that's 230lbs.  But I will say with athletes like Quavon Taylor, Jerrell Young, Jon Lejiste, and maybe Alton Voss roaming around this fall and spring...it's going to be a war for Cha-Cha to see the field.

Archived