• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good night for MMA fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

Affliciton and UFC fight night tonight...

Have been watching Affliction on the computer and UFC on tv.  UFC was pretty good for a card that was just thrown together.  Affliciton has had a pretty good first showing, but would be a lot better if they didn't have Megadeath playing... they are terrible.  Still waiting on the Fedor/Sylvia fight

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Fedor bot 5000 only has 2 settings off and destroy

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid...legend_creation

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Slightly OT but I saw a little bit of ESPN's OutsideThe Lines this morning which was about little kids geting pushed into this .... pretty **** disturbing.

Slightly OT but I saw a little bit of ESPN's OutsideThe Lines this morning which was about little kids geting pushed into this .... pretty **** disturbing.

It's no worse than pushing a kid into boxing.  MMA also has only 1 death due to the sport while boxings number is much higher (same with football, baseball etc).  Problem is the sport looks horrifically brutal to those who don't understand whats going on. 

It's no worse than pushing a kid into boxing.  MMA also has only 1 death due to the sport while boxings number is much higher (same with football, baseball etc).  Problem is the sport looks horrifically brutal to those who don't understand whats going on. 

I'm not comparing adult boxing to adult MMA. Pushing kids into boxing too young is bad but if you think it's no worse than this, you're kidding yourself. Check out :26 spot and let me know how long it is before a kids get his neck broken:

I'm not comparing adult boxing to adult MMA. Pushing kids into boxing too young is bad but if you think it's no worse than this, you're kidding yourself. Check out :26 spot and let me know how long it is before a kids get his neck broken:

You must not know anything about wrestling or have never been to a high school, junior high, or organizational wrestling match.  What you saw there is a basic wrestling take down.  Thank you for proving my point.  A kid is more likely to break his/her neck due to improper tackling technique than anything i saw in that video.  Football can look very dangerous if a person doesn't know whats going on or the techniques that go into it.   Also most great boxers, wrestlers, football players etc start at very young ages.   I do believe that kids should not be moved into MMA as a whole till around the teenage years but rather focuse on the elements individually before going into a true MMA match, but at the same time i saw nothing in that video i havent seen at freestyle wrerstling association matches, boxing matches etc that have been going on for years and years. 

You must not know anything about wrestling or have never been to a high school, junior high, or organizational wrestling match.   What you saw there is a basic wrestling take down.  Thank you for proving my point.  A kid is more likely to break his/her neck due to improper tackling technique than anything i saw in that video.  Football can look very dangerous if a person doesn't know whats going on or the techniques that go into it.   Also most great boxers, wrestlers, football players etc start at very young ages.   I do believe that kids should not be moved into MMA as a whole till around the teenage years but rather focuse on the elements individually before going into a true MMA match, but at the same time i saw nothing in that video i havent seen at freestyle wrerstling association matches, boxing matches etc that have been going on for years and years.

You're missing my point, those kids in that video aren't junior high school age, are they? There were even younger ones on the show ...

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Tell the kid to rub some dirt on it  ::) I did things as a kid 1000 times more dangerous than wrestling and cage fighting other kids.

You must not know anything about wrestling or have never been to a high school, junior high, or organizational wrestling match.   What you saw there is a basic wrestling take down.  Thank you for proving my point.  A kid is more likely to break his/her neck due to improper tackling technique than anything i saw in that video.  Football can look very dangerous if a person doesn't know whats going on or the techniques that go into it.   Also most great boxers, wrestlers, football players etc start at very young ages.   I do believe that kids should not be moved into MMA as a whole till around the teenage years but rather focuse on the elements individually before going into a true MMA match, but at the same time i saw nothing in that video i havent seen at freestyle wrerstling association matches, boxing matches etc that have been going on for years and years.

You're missing my point, those kids in that video aren't junior high school age, are they? There were even younger ones on the show ...

Kids start wrestling for youth associations as early as 5, same with boxing, same with martial arts etc.  GOD PLEASE PROTECT THE CHILDREN!!!!!

Archived