• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA 09 Sim: The Final Beatdown (?).......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

You bet....

USF  58    UCF  24

UCF scored 14 in the fourth to make it look respectable.... however, we scored 21 in the final period.  Grothe was the player of the game, passing for 407 yards and 4 TDs, no picks.  Ford was injured halfway through the 2nd quarter.  BBQ came in and had 59 yards on 11 carries and 3 TDs along with 64 yards on 3 catches and a score. 

AJ Love AGAIN was the receiver of the game with 128 yards on 6 catches and a touchdown.  Mitchell had 56 yards on 9 catches and a score, TJ with 70 on 8.  The fourth receiving TD was from Mike Ford.

Defensively, no sacks.... but three picks:  two from Nate Allen, and one from HOUSTON HESS during mop-up duty, good for him.  Selvie also got hurt during the second quarter, Bedford replaced him with 3 tackles.  Nate Allen also forced a fumble, recovered by Kion Wilson.  However, we did give up some yards.....  Phillip Smith had 110 yards on only 11 carries, and true freshman Latavious Murray had 54 on only 7, each with a TD.  Greco was replaced by Steve Weatherford after throwing a late INT in the second quarter.  Weatherford went 18-25 for 205 yards, a score and 2 INTs.

Four years, four beatdowns!!  Gotta love it!!

AROUND THE BIG EAST:        Cincinnati played Oklahoma today, and got beat 34-13.  UCONN edged Temple once again, 31-21.  Louisville played FCS Southeast.  Pittsburgh was actually losing to Buffalo before scoring 21 in the final quarter to win 39-21.  Rutgers stopped Fresno State on the 3 yard line to survive 27-21 (I actually expect Fresno State to win this game).  Syracuse managed a close win against Akron, 21-17.  The final score to report..... West Virginia's slaughter of ECU, 44-10.  Pat White went 21-25 passing for 346 and 3 scores.

BIG EAST STANDINGS:

1.  West Virginia  (2-0)

2.  USF              (2-0)

3.  Syracuse        (2-0)

4.  Pittsburgh      (2-0)

5.  UCONN          (2-0)

6.  Rutgers          (1-0)

7.  Louisville        (1-1)

8.  Cincinnati      (0-1)

There you have it.  So far, so good.  We are still unranked.... but will a win against #13 Kansas next week change that?    I will have the Kansas game up on Wednesday. 

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

are u letting the computer sim the game or are you playing it?

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Funny you mention the Cincy/Oklahoma game, in my dynasty Cincy won the game 34-24

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

are u letting the computer sim the game or are you playing it?

Letting the CPU sim the game.  If I were playing, I wouldnt give up 24 points.

Archived