• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RAYS BACK IN 1ST PLACE!!

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I respectfully request that TB keeps going to games.

Make that 5 and 0 on the season.  First time seeing Andy live this year and he gets a win.  Offense came alive for him once again.  Crazy how it works out for him like that. 

To those who watched on TV or were there but sober, what happened with Gomes?  Did Maddon pull him real early, was there an injury or was I just drunk?  Maybe he got pulled for sitting there watching that 3rd strike when he had the bases loaded.  Anyone?

TB...no one watched on TV cause it was a 6:15 start on a Saturday so thanks to Fox there was no tv.  But, I was at the game too.  With Gomes, nothing happened it is just a case of him getting the start vs a LHP (kenny rogers) and then when the tigers went to a RHP out of the bullpen Maddon made a move.  Gomes rarely plays against RHP.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was alright.  clearly did 80% of his "slow" songs.  he opened with I'm Bad and then it was pretty much downhill from there.  he was handing roses out into the crowd and singing hey lover, i need love, etc.

• Content Count:  873

You guys might not like me but since I went to the game yesterday, I raised my record to 9-1, the only loss coming to houston.

• Content Count:  873

You guys might not like me but I had my record go to 9-1 last night.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

I respectfully request that TB keeps going to games.

Make that 5 and 0 on the season.  First time seeing Andy live this year and he gets a win.  Offense came alive for him once again.  Crazy how it works out for him like that. 

To those who watched on TV or were there but sober, what happened with Gomes?  Did Maddon pull him real early, was there an injury or was I just drunk?  Maybe he got pulled for sitting there watching that 3rd strike when he had the bases loaded.  Anyone?

TB...no one watched on TV cause it was a 6:15 start on a Saturday so thanks to Fox there was no tv.  But, I was at the game too.  With Gomes, nothing happened it is just a case of him getting the start vs a LHP (kenny rogers) and then when the tigers went to a RHP out of the bullpen Maddon made a move.  Gomes rarely plays against RHP.

Got to figure that Jonny is gone when/if rocco comes back .... I think he's great for the clubhouse but that can only be taken so far.

Also, for you more knowedgable baseball fans, why in the first inning when the Tigers first batter struck out but got to 1st when the ball got by Riggans was there no error charged on the play? What's the official ruling on that?

• Content Count:  883

Matt, yeah I forgot about that 6:00 Saturday game Fox thing.  Wasn't even on TV.  I knew that.  Doh!  With Gomes I knew about the lefty-righty thing, but it still seemed kind of early in the game to make a change.  Not that I was upset about it or anything.   

Blingstein, I thought LL was pretty good for what it was.  That being a short, fan friendly, free concert.  Not a fan of his, but this is the only time I bothered staying for one of the summer concerts at the Trop.

Singabull, I have no problem with you.  You're an emotional fan, but you're on my side.  That's a pretty impressive win-loss record you got going there.  You should be undefeated too cause we had no business losing to Houston.

With Gomes I knew about the lefty-righty thing, but it still seemed kind of early in the game to make a change. 

well the Tigers really don't have any lefties in the bullpen (unless you want to count Casey Fossum and Bobby Seay but all of us Rays fans know how bad those guys are)  so after Rogers was lifted Maddon figured he would be seeing RHP the rest of the way.  When Fossum came in I knew that game was in the bag for the Rays

triple b.....

passed balls and wild pitches are not considered errors.

• Content Count:  883

With Gomes I knew about the lefty-righty thing, but it still seemed kind of early in the game to make a change. 

well the Tigers really don't have any lefties in the bullpen (unless you want to count Casey Fossum and Bobby Seay but all of us Rays fans know how bad those guys are)  so after Rogers was lifted Maddon figured he would be seeing RHP the rest of the way.  When Fossum came in I knew that game was in the bag for the Rays

Hahaha.  Yeah, that's always a dead give away. 

By the way, I think these hats are awesome.  I got a Bucs hat at their FanFest and it's a white hat, with the flag on the front and a Miller Lite emblem on the side.  Two of my favorite things in the world.  LOL  It was my favorite hat until last night.  But now that I have one with the Rays and USF, that takes the top spot.  My wife got one too, so in reality I have two of them since she doesn't really wear hats very often.  Yay!!!   

Archived