• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACC Championship Game is bigtime

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They are having a HS All-Star game follow the ACC Championship so as to get fan interest in the ACC CG.  That is hilarious.  ;D

Hillsborough All-Star Game to follow ACC championship

In an effort to draw the Tampa community into December’s ACC football championship game at Raymond James Stadium, organizers will include a local high school showcase in the event.

The Under Armour High School All-Star Game, which will feature the top players in Hillsborough County, will be played after the ACC title game on Dec. 6, the conference announced Thursday at  the Florida Sports Writers Association Media Days. The ACC Championship game kicks off at 1 p.m.

“We’re just trying to search to be proactive as to how we can be more relevant to as many people as possible and make this their celebration too,†said ACC Associate Commissioner for Football Operations Michael Kelly.

For more information on the ACC Championship, go to www.roadtotampabay.com.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/07/hillsborough-al.html#comments

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I for one will not be attending the ACC CG.  I'm hoping to go to WVA, but even if I don't I wont go see an ACC game.  Why don't they put it in ACC Country?  You can't split the difference of FSU and UM and expect a big crowd (unless FSU or UM is in the game (doubtfull)).

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This thread should be re-titled:  ACC Chumpionship game is bigtime turd.  

I hope they get stuck with Wake Forest vs. Duke  

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Well, I guess that will attract the 150 parents that wish to see their kids play at RayJay.  Did anyone see the BAseball game on Catch 47 with Hillsborough and Pinellas All Stars?  It was the same deal, it was held after a Rays game.  It was embarassing, there must have only been about 100 people in the stands.

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

I for one never understood the ACC picking tampa.. unless there just simply was no other venue avaliable.  If UM or FSU are in the game they will have a decent crowd.. other wise it will be a bust.  Charlotte, and Atlanta are the only good spots for this game.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Can't do Atlanta.  Will get compared to the much more popular SEC championship.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

I for one never understood the ACC picking tampa.. unless there just simply was no other venue avaliable.  If UM or FSU are in the game they will have a decent crowd.. other wise it will be a bust.  Charlotte, and Atlanta are the only good spots for this game.

Maybe since they had a pretty good experience with their hoops tourney, they thought it may carryover. Also. Tampa in December is pretty nice but it's not like they're having blizzards in acc country ...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They couldn't get Charlotte's stadium until 2010 because of conflicts with the Panthers.

Archived