• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Plancher autopsy released

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

Morale on their team must be low.  And there are probably players that simply do not trust the coaches or school admin.

Actually, it seems to be at an all-time high right now and the players/parents/recruits trust in O'Leary has never been higher...

I'm sorry the actual facts run contrary to your wishes.

Those aren't facts, that is your opinion.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Morale on their team must be low.  And there are probably players that simply do not trust the coaches or school admin.

Actually, it seems to be at an all-time high right now and the players/parents/recruits trust in O'Leary has never been higher...

The quotes I've seen from recruits make it look like they are happy with him.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, the statement by some USF fan without any connection to UCF was an example of opinion.

My statement, comes from FACTS and personal statements from current players, players parents, new recruits, and comments from their family members.

Morale is an all-time high with current players, recruits and their parents.

Sorry to disappoint you again.

The quotes I've seen from recruits make it look like they are happy with him.

Carolina never mentioned recruits .....

Nobody outside the individual players on the team really know how they are handling this so any speculation is just that, from either perspective.

Actually, the statement by some USF fan without any connection to UCF was an example of opinion.

That doesn't stop you from weighing in on USF subjects, now does it?

My statement, comes from FACTS and personal statements from current players, players parents, new recruits, and comments from their family members.

Morale is an all-time high with current players, recruits and their parents.

Sorry to disappoint you again.

No disapointment here. I really would hope that there is no long lasting effects on those young men but unless you have personally interviewed every single player on that team your opinion on how the whole TEAM is handling it is based on insufficient evidence. I'm sure the UCF PR department will try and paint as rosy picture as possible ..... especially to donors.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

UCF won a conference championship?  In what?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

UCF won a conference championship?  In what?

The Special Olympics

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Cyberbull Live from Fresno California.....in between national park camping trips in Kings Canyon and Yosemite.....one word: AMAZING!!!!

I'll just say this...and its been my point of contention since day one: if this was happening at USF, UCiF fans would be having a field day. I wouldn't be able to read any college football message  board w/o seeing a UCiF fan fanning the flames. I laugh at the spin doctoring that is going on by UCiF fans, b/c they never, ever gave USF fans the benefit of the doubt when USF fans thought they were being treated poorly by the media. Karma is a b!tch. I am just glad that the stuff USF has had to put up with didn't involve anyone questioning USF about how it handled a kid's passing.

Bottom line in all of this: if the Havard Business School needed a case study on how NOT to handle public relations, this would be a prime example.

BTW folks....a kid died. Regardless of who is at fault, show some respect for his family by not trivializing this....or if for anything else.....show support for his cousin who is a RB on our football team.

oh one more thing: after being offline for the last week (not even a cell phone signal) and coming back to read the news of the last 5 days....I further understand why people like my brother can't stand GOL. The guy shows no compassion and as is an arrogant piece of !@$!@%@

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that UCF said they were not aware of the sickle cell trait, then changed their mind.  I would assume this all happened after the autopsy was released.  I'm on vacation, so I don't have much time to go through it, so I'll attribute that to an overzealous reporter unless I can find the particular article.

2.  You'll have to trust me on this one - this is a matter of trust with a member of UCFAA.  Perhaps now that the medical records/autopsy are public record, some of the contentious facts can be made public.  The GOL refusal to speak to the OS is in part related to the EP story, but there's an element of other issues as well (including the selection of our new OS beat writer).

First, you likely have more inside info than I do.  I don't know what's happening behind the scenes.  But consider how it looks from the outside.  Whatever UCF's reasons for not talking to the Sentinel, it makes the situation worse.  A kid is dead.  I don't give a crap about someone's feelings being hurt.  If information needs to be clarified, O'Leary or Tribble need to man up and get things straight.  Again, UCF also has had the opportunity to clarify things with ESPN and refused.  They aren't talking because they are legally liable for something they don't want to share.  It's that simple.

Tribble's open letter today was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo that did absolutely nothing to clarify any of the open questions.

3.  Here's a quote from the OS story that gave those 4 players' side of the story:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8016966/UCF-players-refute-practice-death-account

"Plancher was noticeably woozy and staggering as he tried to participate in the final jumping-jacks drill, the players said. The team finished those exercises, then huddled again. Plancher collapsed while walking away from the final huddle, the players said.  O'Leary said the team trainer and an assistant coach tried to give Plancher water. Players carried Plancher outside and waited for an ambulance to arrive while trainers began rescue breathing and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, called 911 and attached an automated external defibrillator."

It states that trainers were involved in the rescue attempt from the start, and gave CPR prior to the arrival of the EMTs/ambulance.  Given the sequence of the story, it implies that the players moved EP under the supervision of the training staff.  Having been to the IPF several times, I doubt he was moved more than 10 yards in order to get him outside, but that's an opinion.  Was that a damning decision or act?  I'm not medically qualified to make that statement

Another (long) article states that 6-7 other players were struggling that day, and that while one other player threw-up, Ereck did not.

The sequence of the story imples that EP was moved under the supervision of the training staff.  But it doesn't state that.  Again, I have never heard of anyone being moved by non-medical personnel in the middle of CPR.  If he was moved less than 10 yards, it makes even less sense to move him.  You stabilize the patient the best you can, then put them on a "stretcher" so you can continue working on them while they are being transported.  If this ever goes to trial (which is very doubtful), I'd bet $50 this is discussed at length.  Either the trainers weren't there when he went into crisis, or they did not evaluate the situation correctly.  Either way, UCF is in bad shape.

Again, I'd love to hear clarifications from UCF that explain these inconsistencies, but based on Tribble's letter we won't hear anything unless this goes to trial.  I still don't know that anyone did anything wrong, but there is a lot of smoke eminating from that campus right now.

Archived