• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

If you were UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

and let me preface this by saying, "Thank God you're/I'm not".....would you have made a move to get the USF game over to the Citrus Bowl?  I know, UCF gives up home advantage, etc. but from a pure economic standpoint it would have meant about 800K+ more in revenues to them for this one game.  They would have had to pay rent on the stadium for a day...what's that, $250,000?  Maybe a little more....given the C-USA and non-BCS stuff, you'd have to think that $500,000 more in their pockets (net) would have been meaningful to their budget.  Just seems like it might have made sense...you've already collected from your season ticket holders, they don't have to re-think going to the game.  The vast majority of the football world recognizes there's no way UCF can win this game so playing at your OCS is not going to benefit you.  If I was in charge, I would have been attempting to make the move for the game.

Now....I know they had talked about renovating the stadium, if that's underway....please delete this post!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,372
  • Days Won:  13

I have also wondered why they wouldnt do that. As a non BCS program that is straped for cash they could make some money and at the very least come close to a sell out.

Although I dont know how the numbers work. Would they get any parking or consessions at the CB?

• Content Count:  5,241

IT would have to earn a whole lore more than 800k in revenue to move to that dump.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

and let me preface this by saying, "Thank God you're/I'm not".....would you have made a move to get the USF game over to the Citrus Bowl?  I know, UCF gives up home advantage, etc. but from a pure economic standpoint it would have meant about 800K+ more in revenues to them for this one game.  They would have had to pay rent on the stadium for a day...what's that, $250,000?  Maybe a little more....given the C-USA and non-BCS stuff, you'd have to think that $500,000 more in their pockets (net) would have been meaningful to their budget.  Just seems like it might have made sense...you've already collected from your season ticket holders, they don't have to re-think going to the game.  The vast majority of the football world recognizes there's no way UCF can win this game so playing at your OCS is not going to benefit you.  If I was in charge, I would have been attempting to make the move for the game.

Now....I know they had talked about renovating the stadium, if that's underway....please delete this post!

I'm pretty sure they're financially better off playing at The Pan no matter what .....

• Content Count:  1,433

It doesn't make sense that they could be better off if they turn away 20,000 additional potential ticket purchases.  I think that the game could have achieved close to a sell-out.  (20,000*42 = 840,000)

There's going to be a bunch of bummed out USF students over this deal too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

It doesn't make sense that they could be better off if they turn away 20,000 additional potential ticket purchases.

Depends on their financial arrangement with the CB.

I think that the game could have achieved close to a sell-out.  (20,000*42 = 840,000)

Was the first game over there close to a sellout?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

No, the entire upper deck was empty for the 2006 game.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Why?  It's not just a money issue.  They have a home.  They should play at their home.  If we had an OCS smaller than RayJay I would be pretty pissed if our "home" game against Miami was moved to RayJay. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Why?  It's not just a money issue.  They have a home.  They should play at their home.  If we had an OCS smaller than RayJay I would be pretty pissed if our "home" game against Miami was moved to RayJay. 

Agreed, but if we built an OCS smaller than Ray Jay then I'll ask for a refund and return my degree.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Agreed, but if we built an OCS smaller than Ray Jay then I'll ask for a refund and return my degree.

Any OCS we build in the next 10-15 years would be smaller than RayJay.  There is a size at whcih you can maximize donation levels per seat and I think that number is less than RayJay. 

Archived