• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2008 season prediction thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,425
  • Days Won:  19

Last night gave me some hope and also seemed to confirm some of my reservations.  I think 9-4 still looks reasonable but I guess maybe I am just a traditionalist.

Seriously, last year I picked 9-3 for the regular season after our six wins.  This year we have a much better shot to close the deal and finally win the conference but we have to (1) stay healthy, (2) shore up pass defense, (3) maintain commitment to the running and short passing to running backs and, propbably most importantly, (4) maintain mental focus, as much by our coaches as our players.  We can't afford any Rutgers or UConn debacles this year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night gave me some hope and also seemed to confirm some of my reservations.  I think 9-4 still looks reasonable but I guess maybe I am just a traditionalist.

Seriously, last year I picked 9-3 for the regular season after our six wins.  This year we have a much better shot to close the deal and finally win the conference but we have to (1) stay healthy, (2) shore up pass defense, (3) maintain commitment to the running and short passing to running backs and, propbably most importantly, (4) maintain mental focus, as much by our coaches as our players.  We can't afford any Rutgers or UConn debacles this year.

So you think USF will go 4-4 in our remaining eight games (including the bowl game) ?

Which 4 regular season games do we lose?  I would assume you don't think we would lose in the St Pete Bowl... which is where a 9-3 or 8-4 USF will go.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,425
  • Days Won:  19

I don't know.  That is the point.  We don't usually tend to lose the games where we are underdogs or win the ones when we clearly should be the better team (e.g., Auburn and Uconn last year).  We should be favored for the rest of the regular season.  If we play up to our capabilities, we may lose to no one.  If we revert to old ways, I could see us dropping one at L'ville, Cincinnati and/or West Virginia.  I would choke but even Pitt and Uconn are not sure things.  I hope we have learned and are different this year.  Still, the proof is in doing, not the talking.

Archived