• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Front Page of ESPN College Football Section

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Days Won:  2

i remember getting blasted this past December for harping on the Beatdown in El Paso...

yet ironically, EVERY FREAKIN' ARTICLE about the Bulls mentions our season "ending with a thud" last year.

this season can't start soon enough, because that loss left a lot of skepticism and bad tastes in everybody's mouth about us.

that one game meant the difference between legitimacy and mockery for our season last year, and unfortunately it turned out to be the latter.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I feel ya Bully but I must say I am impressed at the praise we've been receiving despite the blowout loss.

I understand them mentioning it.... I think they could be playing it harder. I'm glad they're not.

I feel ya Bully but I must say I am impressed at the praise we've been receiving despite the blowout loss.

I understand them mentioning it.... I think they could be playing it harder. I'm glad they're not.

i'll give u that.  on the whole i guess i have to admit that last season earned us respect and recognition when all was said and done.  it just could have been so much more if we had made it over the 10-win hurdle and redeemed ourselves in El Paso.

i guess i'm also kinda gunshy after last season...  so many expectations this early, kinda reminds me of midseason last year, not to mention December.  even with the disappointment, we had chances to turn it around and didn't.

the highs are really high with my Bulls, but the lows can be really low.  just don't wanna get left at the altar again.

only kickoff on August 30 will heal the scars from El Paso.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

that one game meant the difference between legitimacy and mockery for our season last year, and unfortunately it turned out to be the latter.

We'll know the truth when the polls are released.

We'll know the truth when the polls are released.

well the preseason polls are as much [if not moreso] a prospective on how we'll do going into this season as they are a referendum on last season.

we ended last season out of the polls, and that pretty much confirms that we almost reached the mountaintop, only to come plummeting back down to the valleys below.  all of the "ended the season with a thud" and "weren't ready for primetime" references basically sum up how the country thinks about us: we started the season hard, but couldn't hang when it counted.

even after the 3 game skid, if we had finished with 3 in a row then a win in El Paso to go 10-3, our legitimacy as the real deal would have been all but sealed...

as it stands now, that disappointment vs. the Mud-ducks has only set us up for more added early expectations against Kansas, and i personally don't like how we play against expectations... we do better when we know our role and just go out to play.

i also think all this talk about Pittsburgh either being on our level, or even ranked higher than us in some places would not be happening if we had won the Sun Bowl. 

some people just don't want to give us our due because our M.O. [and rightly so] is essentially a team that can sneak up on u and win a big one or two, but that can't maintain that level of play game in and game out.

• Content Count:  12,293

from reading quite a few of the national "previews" about USF its clear that they mention the oregon loss but its HOW they mention it.  they are clearly taking the "unfinished" business approach to it rather than USF was out of its league approach.  i think EVERY preseason review of EVERY team will mention their bowl game (if they made one obviously)  so it doesnt bother me to see it mentioned.  if anything, it will keep the team level headed and keep reminding them to bust their butts in the 2-a-days leading up to the season.

we cant erase that terrible new years eve so the next best thing is to use it for motivation and learn from the mistakes (coming into our biggest post season game as flat as a pancake)

• Content Count:  742

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=3477684&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3477684

Nothing new, more about the trailers but it is good pub. Go to College Football, first under the must read section.

Jay

• Content Count:  2,726

Saw this a while back...in another post.

It's great pub though.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,457

the Bulls could be the new beasts of the Big East

I agree.  Esecially after we wipe the field with UCF for a 4 in a row blow out.

• Content Count:  10,199

the Bulls could be the new beasts of the Big East

I agree.  Esecially after we wipe the field with UCF for a 4 in a row blow out.

That would be nice but they will play us much tougher I think at there home.

Archived