• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soccer/Track and Field Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Ok Im not sure if this has been talked about on here or not and I am too lazy to go back through the threads. What exactly are they doing to the Soccer/Track and Field Stadium? I see that they have torn up the old track and are putting a new one down, but are they going to remodel the stadium seating and all that as well? When will it be done?

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

they better be remodeling the stadium seating......that thing looks like CRAAAAAAAP

• Content Count:  624

As far as I know, they will not be rebuilding the seating. They are simply laying down a new track and possibly new field.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Well, that sucks because the seating looks like dog ****.

• Content Count:  1,251

Well, that sucks because the seating looks like dog ****.

yes....yes it does.....sometimes USF really pisses me off with crap like this.....why do half a job of renovating a stadium........we need to improve every aspect of our campus image ASAP....

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I got a brief tour of it last week.  They got some $$$ (T and F did) and are renovating the track and course.  Getting new grass in the middle (remember this is used by soccer and other sports too, so that is a good thing). 

Also the track surface is the same which has been installed in Beijing China for the Olympics.  State of the art material and process, and currently only 4 universities in the US will have it. 

So at the least, the track surface will be top notch.

Also putting in a brand new scoreboard that does not look like a high school model.  It will be a much nicer, fuller design to better match a college environment.  If you have been to a soccer game there, you know how weak the existing one is.  Piece o crapp....

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Soccer will eventually have its own stadium right?  I was just looking at the mockups on the Bulls Club site and it shows a soccer complex on what is now a intramural field by the baseball field.

Yes, they are building a new stadium... so why would they waste money refurbishing the stadium seats that are only going to be torn down anyway?

• Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

The track team and other teams can use it even after a new soccer stadium is built.

Archived