• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Away game tickets - Reserve at GoUSFBulls on July 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Am I reading this right is that 4 tickets per account no matter how many actual season tickets you currently buy in the account

that dosent appear very fair. ???

As far as I can tell you are reading it right. I am in the same boat. I have 8 tickets on my account and usually buy 8 for road trips. Now I am stuck to 4.

Actually this is the fairest way for fans.  Instead of just your 8 people, they can get two different groups of 4, so more season ticketholders can get tickets.  It sucks for your scenario, but you can't blame Athletics for trying to get as many different season ticket holders a chance for away tickets.

so a season ticket holder that purchases 8 tickets for many seasons and makes a donation say green jacket for many seasons..someone comes and purchases a season ticket and just gets the upper deck seats has the same purchase power...hmmmm...wow

It's not the same.  The first person you mentioned should be able to get tickets to these games, whereas the other person you mentioned probably won't since they're at the bottom of the order.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

"So a season ticket holder that purchases 8 tickets for many seasons and makes a donation say green jacket for many seasons..someone comes and purchases a season ticket and just gets the upper deck seats has the same purchase power...hmmmm...wow"

StandingBull-

I don't think someone who sits in the upper deck would have the same "purchasing power" as say, a Green Jacket donor of many years with 8 seats because of priority points, right?

I thought that was the whole idea behind the points in the first place was to ensure those who have been giving more longer got first dibs on away game tickets.

I agree it is annoying that someone who buys eight season tickets  is only alloted four for UCF, WVA and FIU.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

"So a season ticket holder that purchases 8 tickets for many seasons and makes a donation say green jacket for many seasons..someone comes and purchases a season ticket and just gets the upper deck seats has the same purchase power...hmmmm...wow"

StandingBull-

I don't think someone who sits in the upper deck would have the same "purchasing power" as say, a Green Jacket donor of many years with 8 seats because of priority points, right?

I thought that was the whole idea behind the points in the first place was to ensure those who have been giving more longer got first dibs on away game tickets.

I agree it is annoying that someone who buys eight season tickets  is only alloted four for UCF, WVA and FIU.

I understand the problem for those who buy their tickets together, but I guess that is the chance you take when doing so. If people do not like it, they could always split their tickets up into separate accounts. However, that would require an extra donation. Obviously, if it is a family of 8, then it isn't that fair, but I doubt there are many families of 8 out there.

The only problem I have with the way they are limiting tickets is this: Why whould someone with only 1, 2, or 3 season tickets be allowed to purchase 4 tickets to these road games? If you are going to limit those with more season tickets (which I really do not have that big of a problem with, I have 6 myself) then why not limit those with LESS than 4 season tickets to the amount of season tickets they hold? That would have made more sense to me. Of course the flip side of that is that USF makes a whole lot more per seat for a single season ticekt account at the same donor level as multiple ticket accounts.

There will never be a system that pleases everyone, which I don't mind so long as I am pleased..... ;)

First, I think the system is fair.  I am quite the ways down the list and will probably not get tickets to UCF or FIU because of it.  Yeah, that sucks... but it's my fault not USF's.  I should have had season tickets years ago.  I should have donated years ago...

The problem is USF has never had to do this before.  Just like USF never had to do a lot before last year.

Last year, people who were used to just walking up and getting tickets couldn't.  Students who were used to just showing up with their ID now had to get a ticket and wristband first.

We all want more fans and more success... but with both, you find other problems.

I give USF kudos for this and remind everyone this is a very good problem to have.

Even if I have to watch UCF and FIU from the Lee Roy Selmon's Watch Party.

• Content Count:  1,387

First, I think the system is fair.  I am quite the ways down the list and will probably not get tickets to UCF or FIU because of it.  Yeah, that sucks... but it's my fault not USF's.  I should have had season tickets years ago.  I should have donated years ago...

The problem is USF has never had to do this before.  Just like USF never had to do a lot before last year.

Last year, people who were used to just walking up and getting tickets couldn't.  Students who were used to just showing up with their ID now had to get a ticket and wristband first.

We all want more fans and more success... but with both, you find other problems.

I give USF kudos for this and remind everyone this is a very good problem to have.

Totally agree! I'm in the same boat as you and couldn't have said it any better!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118

Well said!! I will gladly scalp if need be - Remember guys, these are great problems to have.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

just because it's a great problem to have doesn't mean it's less frustrating  :-\

I think alot of us are in the same boat and unfortunately the biggest thing that makes a difference in priority points is money, which I completely understand...you have to take care of the hand that feeds you. - at the same time it's hard for those of us who've invested our hearts into this program to be hurt by the fact that we don't have the same amount of money to invest too. I'd love to donate more money to USF, unfortunately I don't have the money right now and with the economy the way it is I don't see things getting any better.

As it is I already bought my season tickets while I was still a student last year, so instead of getting into games free I was already paying for season tickets plus donating to both the Bulls Backers and the Alumni Association. I know that years from now I will reap the rewards of ranking higher in priority points than alot of people because of these things but that doesn't do much to make me feel better about things right now when I'm still pretty low on the totem poll. - if I'd had a glass ball to know where the program and ticket sales would be now I would've done things differently, but when you're a student you're not thinking about what you'll do about tickets when you become Alumni...at least I wasn't.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Happy that our long time supporters will be in a better position to go to these away games.

I think it's a very fair system.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  490

Silly question...

Does purchasing away-game tickets via USF actually gain the buyer more priority points?

Silly question...

Does purchasing away-game tickets via USF actually gain the buyer more priority points?

About Priority Points

The priority points system assists the Bulls Club in providing seating options for donors.  Donors receive "points" for each activity listed below, and point totals establish priority, within donor levels, for NCAA championships, bowl games, conference tournaments and NCAA events hosted by USF.  Additionally, in the event reseating is required in any USF athletics venue, the priority points system will determine the order of seat selection.

Points - Activity

1 - For each $50  gifted to the Bulls Club Stampede Fund or expendable (non-endowed) scholarships

10 - USF Varsity Letter Winner (one time)

20 - Serving as President of the Bulls Club (one time)

5 - Each consecutive year of annual giving to athletics, counting back from present

5 - Each year of football season ticket purchases

5 - Each year of men's basketball season ticket purchases

5 - USF Graduate (one time)

5 - Serving as President of the National Alumni Association

1 - Current member of the USF Alumni Association

1 - Each year as a Varsity Club Member

Student Bulls Club Priority Points - varies by participation

http://bullsclub.usf.edu/bullsclub/Priority%20Points.asp

Archived