• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is bonds going to yankees

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

No they don't... not at all.

Sure, another bat would help... but they would lose chemistry.  That young team would fall apart with the media circus that is Bonds.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Rays need bonds

God no!!

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro...give me 1 example of Bonds being a jerk to players?

he is a jerk to the media because he grew up around his dad and willie who taught him not to trust the media.

every account from a player (not named Jeff Kent) that ive heard about Bonds is that he is a nice guy. 

You just gave one example.  Doing the work for me. 

Being a jerk to the media is not going to win brownie points with fans.

And being a jerk to fans is the #1 sin of a ball player wanting good will. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Being a jerk to the media is not going to win brownie points with fans.

And being a jerk to fans is the #1 sin of a ball player wanting good will.   

I'm sure a fan like you wouldn't in the slightest way incite bonds being a jerk...

What's your expected reaction to this?

Rays fan:

"Bonds, lay off the roids while in Tampa."

Bonds:

"Good idea! I can't wait to see you at a game."

Or

*brutally kills ignorant fan*

i gave one example because Jeff Kent is widely known as one of the biggest a-holes in MLB.  so he is not a good example for Bonds not being liked by players which is what you "claimed"

i am asking for another example that isnt media driven.  of course the media doesnt like him.  because he doesnt like them.  im sure if bonds decided to be 'media-friendly' all those pencil pushers would welcome him with open arms. 

if he was media-friendly, openly admitted his steroid use, and wasn't a jerk to everyone, he wouldn't be in this mess right now, and would be one of the most loved players of all time.

Its amazing how different perception is between him and guys like Aaron and Mays.  It is Bonds' own fault.. no one elses.

... but he's always been a complete jerk to everyone (fans and players alike). 

you are getting further and further away from the point i am trying to make.  i simply want you to show an example of how he was a complete jerk to players?  Bonds is one of the most respected players AMONG players.  i admit, he is an ******* to the media but he has always been that way.  Bonds isnt the poster child for how to behave but he isn't as bad as the media makes him out to be.  he grew up watching the media rip his dad to shreads.  i cant really blame him for not trusting the media.

as for the steriods...he admitted to taking them but claims he didnt know they were steriods (which werent even illegal at that time and EVERYONE was taking them...Bonds just got to be the media punching bag for it because he could hit the lights out of the ball)

i guess you are clearly brainwashed by the media and this anti-bonds campaign.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Bonds is one of the most respected players AMONG players.

If that's true, and I don't know one way or the other, why isn't he on a team? Is he washed up?

I've searched for other cases of him being a jerk to players, haven't found them.  I recall reading many instances, but I can't back them up with proof.... so you win on that unless I can actually back it up.

but, if his only problem is with the media, then why aren't there teams jumping to pick him up?  Everyone knows he'd be a major problem.

Somoene that hits a homer every 7 or 8 at bats would be a good offensive boost as a DH... if he wasn't such a nightmare, he'd have been on a team long ago.

I do blame him for his problems with the press... no one else created them but him. 

Your explanation of him growing up watching his dad as an excuse sounds like you probably think Hank steinbrenner is a baseball genius... i mean, he saw his dad run the yankees, so that is why he is how he is.

Hank is an idiot, and Bonds is a jerk (and not just to the media, there are many cases of him being a jerk to baseball fans prior to the steroids bs).

Archived